Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the new year gets off to a great start....

+9
Cathy
juneau hunter
TxAllieGrl
H the P
Aussie Witch
papaspugs
Milosmom
Pugsaunt
northernwitch
13 posters

Go down

And the new year gets off to a great start.... Empty And the new year gets off to a great start....

Post  northernwitch 12/31/2009, 10:04 pm

Got a message on the rescue machine from a landlord saying that a tenant had gone to jail and left his 10 year old pug behind and would we call. So I did. Well, the person who called has gone for the day, but someone else can speak to me at 7. So I call at 7:10 and am told that they don't know why so and so isn't back, but I should call at 8 and then 9 and then 10.

EXCUSE ME? So I left my number and said that the person who wishes to speak to us about a pug should call me when he gets in as it's just plain silly for me to call every hour on the hour.

The reality is that the dog is likely going to have to go to the shelter first to prove that he's been abandoned and I have notified the shelter (who are GREAT) that when/if this dog comes in we will take him.

But what crust to think that on New Year's Eve, I have nothing better to do with my time but to call some idiot every hour......

End of rant/whine.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

And the new year gets off to a great start.... Empty Re: And the new year gets off to a great start....

Post  Pugsaunt 12/31/2009, 10:52 pm

While rescue is a large part of many of our lives, it is not our whole life. Dog forbid we should have something else to do on New Years Eve. At least the landlord called you.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

And the new year gets off to a great start.... Empty Re: And the new year gets off to a great start....

Post  Milosmom 12/31/2009, 10:54 pm

And that's why you're a saint Blanche, don't let anyone tell you different.
Just ask the little puggers who've been put in your care,they'll agree.
And the new year gets off to a great start.... 27965
Bless the poor little poppet who got left behind :(.
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/31/2009, 10:59 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:While rescue is a large part of many of our lives, it is not our whole life. Dog forbid we should have something else to do on New Years Eve. At least the landlord called you.
Well, I'd feel alot better if they'd get back to me. I have no idea where this dog is right now, if he's alone in an apartment, or what. I'm going to be worrying about this dog all night.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 1/1/2010, 12:36 am

WTF is wrong with people?? If the landlord was that worried, why would he leave the pug? Ugh!! Get some sleep and dream up some good spells for these rotten people!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 1/1/2010, 1:15 am

The sad thing is it is completely not surprising. Please let us know Blanche. And the new year gets off to a great start.... 9386
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 1/1/2010, 10:29 am

Aussie Witch wrote:The sad thing is it is completely not surprising. Please let us know Blanche. And the new year gets off to a great start.... 9386

What Rona said. Oh, dear. And it's only 1 January today. And the new year gets off to a great start.... 9386

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 1/1/2010, 12:31 pm

Well, I've called the number the landlord left--twice and still have heard nothing. The last time I called I advised them to please take the dog to Toronto Animal Services and gave locations and numbers. I've also called Toronto animal services to explain the situation and ask that they notify me if the dog comes in.

This crap makes me crazy.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 1/1/2010, 12:59 pm

idiots! And the new year gets off to a great start.... 253213

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 1/1/2010, 7:49 pm

You know, this goes back to the pets as disposable discussion. The landlord is a moron, and the poor pug is suffering. Saying a prayer that the pug gets found and saved.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 1/1/2010, 9:34 pm

You know, pre-pug (the first 43 years of my life) I met people who are messed up in other ways and for other reasons...but post-dog (this last 10 months of my life) I have learned of a whole new level of messed up.

Blanche, I think you are pretty amazing.
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/1/2010, 9:58 pm

you are amazing blanche

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy 1/2/2010, 10:09 pm

honey612 wrote:you are amazing blanche

I second that. Your level of dedication has always amazed me.

Cathy, owned and pugged by Winston
Cathy
Cathy

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 1/3/2010, 12:06 am

Now it is driving me crazy too. I hope that the pug finds it's way to a shelter soon.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 1/3/2010, 12:20 am

Javalita wrote:Now it is driving me crazy too. I hope that the pug finds it's way to a shelter soon.
You and me both. I'll call again on Monday to see if I can get anyone to tell me what the hell has gone on.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 1/3/2010, 1:52 am

I hope you find out what happened, that is very very frustrating.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 1/4/2010, 12:30 pm

Any news??
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 1/4/2010, 12:42 pm

Newsie96 wrote:Any news??
Nope--I left yet another message.....
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 1/4/2010, 3:58 pm

Oh dear. I so hope that the poor puggie is safe.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 1/4/2010, 5:26 pm

I'll be waiting with you, we still have no word or sighting of that pug. Animal control and the shelter have no record, but there is no sign of it near the food.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/4/2010, 6:25 pm

I can't believe they haven't called you back yet! i hope the doggie is ok! keep us posted!

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilos Mom 1/4/2010, 7:26 pm

I was just checking to see if they'd called back yet, guess not. How frustrating!!
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down