Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you, CFPR

+4
GingerSnap
papaspugs
Aussie Witch
MackandMattiesMom
8 posters

Go down

Thank you, CFPR Empty Thank you, CFPR

Post  MackandMattiesMom 1/9/2010, 11:28 pm

I just wanted to take a minute to thank Central Florida Pug Rescue for matching my little Mattie Mae with us. It's not her gotcha day or anything like that, I just wanted to thank them again for entrusting Mattie to us.

I was so worried when we were discussing adding Sue-Shi to the family. As most of you are aware, Mattie has never gotten along with any of the pugs that we've attempted to foster.

She's gotten along with Mack very well, but we assume that's because she came into his home and not vice versa. She did go after him once when she first came to us and nearly gave me a heart attack. I was warned that she was a bit food aggressive, but being the newbie I was, I didn't fully realize to what degree. Mack learned rather quickly not to go near his sister's bowl until she walked away. I was between them when he slipped through and we both learned a lesson. Laughing

Mattie has been a total angel. She's never had an accident in the house and listens when she's told not to do something. She's no longer food aggressive, but she will steal somebody else's food at the drop of a kibble. She demands her lovins and even gives us what we call the "rub my belly, bitch" look when she wants a belly rub. We love her to pieces.

She's adjusted to Sue-Shi like a dream. It's obvious she was used to puppies and she shows Sue-Shi the ropes and taught Sue-Shi who was the boss rather quickly, but never did anything to hurt her. Sue-Shi has really brought out the puppy in Mattie Mae that I thought was lost a long time ago. She and Mack have played a bit, but never like she does with Sue-Shi. We were all sitting on the couch tonight and Sue-Shi was on the little bed on the floor. She got up and jumped on the couch (for the first time ever) and laid down on Mattie. Mattie didn't even move.

They were snuggled between me and Dennis, so neither could get up to get a camera or they would have surely moved. I'll try to get a picture the next time.

Sorry to ramble. I just wanted to say thank you for making our family whole. Mattie has been with us 3-1/2 years now and we love her more and more each day.

Thank you to all volunteers for all you do.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Thank you, CFPR Empty Re: Thank you, CFPR

Post  Aussie Witch 1/9/2010, 11:30 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww................. Thank you, CFPR 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 1/9/2010, 11:32 pm

Mattie is lucky to have to you, Dennis, Mack, and Sue-Shi as her family too!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 1/9/2010, 11:32 pm

Sabra, that just put a giant grin on my face!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 1/9/2010, 11:36 pm

Some matches are made in heaven, and you, Dennis, and all of your puggies are a perfect match! Thank you, CFPR 335895
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 1/10/2010, 12:01 am

What Rona said!

I'm so happy it's all worked out for your family!!!!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  BDazzpugs 1/10/2010, 9:13 am

I think sometimes in rescue we need to learn to follow our hearts more and not always do things by the book. I followed my heart with Maddies placement and I am thrilled that I did. No need to thank us, thank you!
BDazzpugs
BDazzpugs

Number of posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 1/10/2010, 9:25 am

papaspugs wrote:Mattie is lucky to have to you, Dennis, Mack, and Sue-Shi as her family too!

What Jana said. Thank you, CFPR Icon_biggrin Thank you, CFPR 335895I'm glad everything is working out so well.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down