Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what to do with a cold

5 posters

Go down

what to do with a cold Empty what to do with a cold

Post  Guest 1/30/2010, 6:08 pm

money is real tight this month.....and i think honey has a cold but im not sure....the reason why i think she has a cold is b/c she sounds congested a little bit and when she breathes she sounds different shes also secreting nose juice..more than normal..... what would be a possible solution if she does have a cold with out bring her to the vet?...

Back to top Go down

what to do with a cold Empty Re: what to do with a cold

Post  Not Afraid 1/30/2010, 7:55 pm

Honey could be suffering from an URI, Kennel Cough, or parasites such as nasal mites, H1N1 (which presents as an URI) or something totally different. Since upper respiratory infection can be particularly dangerous in brachy breed dogs, I wouldn't let it go without treatment. If an URI develops into pneumonia, it could be VERY serious and cause vet bills that are much higher than a basic office visit. Meanwhile, kep her inside and away from other dogs. Make sure you give her high quality nutrition to help her immune system battle her plague (if it is something that can be "won" by immune support alone.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/30/2010, 11:09 pm

ok thanks ill DEFINITELY take her to the vet on monday

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 1/31/2010, 1:06 am

Totally agree with everything Lisa suggested. Dogs don't actually get colds like we do as their nasal passages are a hostile environment for the rhino virus. But as Lisa said, these things can go downhill at a scary pace so I would definitely be on the vet's doorstep first thing Monday morning. Hope all is okay.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 1/31/2010, 12:25 pm

I hope Honey is feeling better soon. Please keep us posted on what the vet has to say. what to do with a cold 335895
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/1/2010, 9:35 pm

so i vet to the vet this morning and he said that honey is doing very well and the reason why she sounds congested is b/c of the constaint weather change from the weather going from warm to cold to warm to freezing cold to warm to cold and back and forth....so im thankful shes in good health!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 2/1/2010, 9:39 pm

Good news that your little cutie is ok. Better safe than sorry, and I'm glad you got her checked out.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 2/1/2010, 9:40 pm

Glad that she's okay!!
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/1/2010, 11:43 pm

It's always worth the trip to the vet to know everything is A-OK! what to do with a cold 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 2/2/2010, 1:04 am

Great news!
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 2/2/2010, 8:25 am

That's wonderful news. what to do with a cold 335895
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/5/2010, 2:32 pm

glad she is doing well and that it's nothing serious! phew! :)

Vet bills are expensive..have you thought about maybe looking into pet insurance?
I too am tight on money, but it definitely helps save money if you own a pug, since unfortunately some get sick a lot. Mine cover 90% of vet bills, meds, and surgeries. super helpful. just a though :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down