Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare

+2
northernwitch
H the P
6 posters

Go down

Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare Empty Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare

Post  H the P 2/2/2010, 7:33 am

Some of you may have seen my post elsewhere to say that, sadly, Pug Welfare here in the UK are no longer collecting used postage stamps to sell to help raise funds for rescue pugs. Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare Icon_cry
Those of us who have been collecting for ages are all very sad about this, and we didn't know anything about it until after it had happened.
However, I made some enquiries and have been told that another breed rescue - Italian Greyhounds - are still collecting, and I have already sent off a couple of packets of stamps to them. I have also found another registered charity here in the UK which finds homes for older dogs only, of all breeds, which rather appealed to me, and I have sent one batch off to them as well.
This morning a lovely parcel of stamps arrived from Blanche in Canada. I am really sorry, Blanche, that I won't be able to hand them on to Pug Welfare, but I will send them on to the IG people who will be grateful to receive them.
I am happy to continue to be "middleman" if people want to continue to save and send stamps. If not, I shall quite understand.
And finally, a great big "thank you" to everyone who has helped us in the past.

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare Empty Re: Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare

Post  northernwitch 2/2/2010, 11:37 am

Well, Crap, Janet. Sorry that I missed the post about the stamps, but I'm glad someone else can use them. If there is a contact person for either the IG rescue or the one that finds homes for older dogs, I'd be happy to send further stamps directly to them.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare Empty Re: Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare

Post  H the P 2/2/2010, 12:18 pm

Blanche, I've just received a nice acknowledgement of the stamps that I sent to the charity that finds homes for older dogs. They are more than happy to continue to receive stamps to help with fundraising. But I agree that it's a real shame that Pugs can no longer benefit, and lots of people are disappointed. Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare 9386

H the P

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 2/2/2010, 4:10 pm

I have been saving stamps for about 8 months now. I will keep saving them and when I get a big batch, I'll send them to you if you don't mind. You can pass them along. That sucks that the pugs won't benefit, but I'm glad that you found some other rescues who can benefit.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/2/2010, 4:32 pm

aw, bummer. :( sorry to hear!

Back to top Go down

Post  Imon 2/2/2010, 10:19 pm

Oh, too bad! I have a big batch that I've been saving and was going to send over in the next month or so. I'll still send it for the greyhounds, but I really, really liked that the stamps were going to help pugs.
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/3/2010, 12:08 am

I've got a pile ready to go, just got to remember to put them in the letter-box.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 2/9/2010, 11:18 am

Stamps! 2 packets of them! Arrived here this morning. Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare Icon_biggrin
Thank you very much, Rona, and - now I have to confess that I don't know who the second packet came from. It was a brown padded envelope, postmarked Trenton ON with a postcode. If the sender would like to identify herself, then I can say a proper thank you! I also post about stamps on PV so it may be someone from there - any clues will be gratefully appreciated.
I have been dividing the stamps between Italian Greyhound Rescue and another UK registered dog charity called the Oldies Club, which finds homes specifically for older dogs of all breeds. The latter charity have emailed me to say that they are delighted to receive the stamps, which is good. It wouldn't be appropriate to post details of their website here, but it's easy to find, or I can PM details if anyone is interested.
I do hope this system is fair and will meet with general approval. At least other dogs will still benefit, even if they're not pugs. Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare 9386

H the P

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 2/9/2010, 7:56 pm

I just love the very idea of the Oldies Club! Used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare 977583
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down