Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherman might have found his Mom...

+11
PugLady3
Pugsaunt
smoochieface
Not Afraid
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Saira
H the P
Rebecca and the Pugs
ayleash
Aussie Witch
Maryjo
15 posters

Go down

Sherman might have found his Mom... Empty Sherman might have found his Mom...

Post  Maryjo 2/8/2010, 2:43 am

Background (for those who haven't heard yet): Several years ago Vickie (head of Polar Pug Rescue) took in a stray, pregnant pug. She had 5 puppies. Sherman was one of them. Vickie kept two, and one of her Vickie's daughters kept the other two. Vickie found a home for Sherman with some people she knew.

5 years later... The pound calls Vickie if they get a pug in who needs medical attention, or is elderly. She got a call about a pug with very very bad eyes. It turned out to be Sherman. The people who adopted him broke the contract and DIDN'T call Vickie, they just dumped him in the pound's night drop. Sherman might have found his Mom... 253213 As soon as she got him, she KNEW it was Sherman. She called the people and pretty much reamed them. The guy said they didn't want to deal with his eye issues, and "thought the pound would just put him to sleep." (HIS words!)

-------------------------------------
Anyway... A woman in Eagle River (suburb 20 minutes north of Anchorage) wanted to meet both Sherman and Kashi. Since I live near the highway, and Sherman was in the south part of Anchorage at Vicky's doggy daycare, I arranged to have a meeting with her at our house. I picked him on Friday and brought him over to my place. She got over about 6:30 PM, bringing her pug, Harley. She is a nurse, and was looking for a companion for her pug. She was more interested in Sherman (A miracle, we've had him back for a few months).

We explained that Sherman needs ointment twice a day for his 'dry eye' condition, a cost of about $40 per month. She is a nurse, it didn't phase her.

Sherman enjoyed staying at my house for a couple days (I got him Friday, took him back to the daycare on on Sunday). Believe it or not, his eyes look 1000% better:
Sherman might have found his Mom... S0480

Sherman liked sitting on her lap:
Sherman might have found his Mom... S0479

"I like this lady!" He said:
Sherman might have found his Mom... S0478

The mircale happened after she'd been there about an hour. Shermon chose Harley (her pug) as his buddy. He wanted to be with him (Harley wasn't too sure yet). LOL
Sherman might have found his Mom... S0486

Sherman had only been at our house a couple hours, but instead of just playing with one or more of our gang, he chose Harley! We were in awe...

Angela (the gal) said she'd been drawn to his picture on the website, and once she met him, she knew he was for her!

Vickie is out of town until tomorrow, but they will make the final arrangements when she gets back on Monday.

I don't think she'll change her mind, and I feel that Sherman will go to the best home ever!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Sherman might have found his Mom... Empty Re: Sherman might have found his Mom...

Post  Aussie Witch 2/8/2010, 5:21 am

Oh thank Dog this has a happy ending! What a sweetheart and what ARSEHOLES for previous "owners".
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Sherman might have found his Mom... Empty Re: Sherman might have found his Mom...

Post  ayleash 2/8/2010, 6:26 am

An extraordinary story with a happy ending (nearly - no jinxing!)!

Thanks for sharing!
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 2/8/2010, 9:55 am

Keeping paws crossed over here. He is darling and I am sure he captivated her.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 2/8/2010, 10:02 am

Sherman looks like a real sweetheart. Paws crossed here, too, for a happy ending! Sherman might have found his Mom... 335895

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/8/2010, 10:21 am

I really hope things work out for him, poor guy. He looks very comfy sitting on his new moms lap.

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 2/8/2010, 10:35 am

Great news, I am so happy Sherman made his way back, and might have a new mommy soon. She sounds great!

Nothing pisses me off more than people you trust to adopt one of your pugs turning into total jerkheads.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 2/8/2010, 11:03 am

So glad Sherman will have a happy ending!!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 2/8/2010, 11:35 am

I'm so glad Sherman has found a forever home. It just burns me up that his owners just dumped him. People suck.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/8/2010, 2:12 pm

aw! how exciting! glad he got a home. he looks so happy! Sherman might have found his Mom... 335895

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 2/8/2010, 3:23 pm

The most wonderfuly story!!!! So happy for Sherman! Sherman might have found his Mom... Icon_cheers
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 2/8/2010, 7:51 pm

You know, some things are just meant to be. Sherman has found his forever home. I am just appalled, though, that those morons couldn't be bothered to put gel in his eyes, and wanted him to die! So sad, they are missing so much.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/8/2010, 8:03 pm

I am crying happy tears for Sherman. For harley too who has found a brand new friend. Thumbs up for everyone involved. I love happy endings.

Hugs Joan

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 2/9/2010, 10:32 am

Fingers crossed that everything works out for Sherman and his new family. It does sound like it was meant to be. He is a cutie! Sherman might have found his Mom... 609723
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Sherman might have found his Mom... Empty UPDATE

Post  Maryjo 2/9/2010, 10:53 am

Sherman went to his new home last night! Sherman might have found his Mom... 977583
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 2/9/2010, 11:05 am

YAY!!!!!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 2/9/2010, 3:10 pm

Sherman might have found his Mom... 335895 Sherman might have found his Mom... 977583 Sherman might have found his Mom... 78340 Sherman might have found his Mom... Icon_cheers Hurray for Sherman, and for his new family! Gotta love these happy endings.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 2/9/2010, 10:09 pm

I am very happy to happy to read that Sherman's story has a happy ending.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 2/9/2010, 10:49 pm

Hallelujah for Sherman! He looks like a real sweetie.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thminis 2/11/2010, 4:27 am

What a great ending for a sweet boy! I'm sorry for what he has gone through living with those jerks, but I'm so glad everything fit into place for his second chance!
thminis
thminis

Number of posts : 1139

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down