Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!!

+21
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
couchpugs
Brenda
dieselsmom
ayleash
Pugsavers
Mel
papaspugs
Katie & Stella
PugLady3
MommaJones
H the P
Not Afraid
Aussie Witch
TxAllieGrl
Saira
Rebecca and the Pugs
northernwitch
Tocents
Renee
Maryjo
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! Empty Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!!

Post  Maryjo 3/13/2010, 10:51 pm

We had a blast (even though it was tiring) organizing everything for the bake sale. We ended up with TONS of sweets! People from my work baked, people from Linda's work and sorority baked, some pug people baked... There were really good stuff there.

I will post pug party pics later, but I wanted to let you know how successful our event was!

Sherman's surgery cost almost $1,300, Vickie had already paid (with Polar Pug Rescue funds) $200... We raised (drum roll please)... $1,142 at the bale sale/pug party! We had it set up sort of as a silent auction, but we could negotiate if someone didn't want to wait until the end, and wanted to pay more than the minimum. One 'better than sex' cake went for $100! *LOL*

We not only now have enough to pay the bill off, we have a few pennies left in the bank account!!

Sherman at the pug party: I actually help him quite a bit. We just didn't want him getting down and getting that knee bumped. He's actually walking and not staying in the crate 24/7, but not with so many dogs around.
Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! Sh0814

Some of the get-well cards he received:
Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! Sh0830
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! Empty Re: Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!!

Post  Renee 3/13/2010, 10:55 pm

YAY for Sherman!! We had so much fun making those carob cupcakes, that Amber bought them back. How funny is that....we make an item to sell, and my daughter buys them right back. I'm so very glad we raised the money for Sherman's surgery.

I bought some of Jacquie's cookies....YUM YUM.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! Empty Re: Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!!

Post  Tocents 3/13/2010, 11:06 pm

Dang, that is a LOT of cookies and brownies! Congrats and well done. Give Sherman a gentle hug for me please. Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! 78340
Tocents
Tocents

Number of posts : 512

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 3/13/2010, 11:06 pm

WOW, Maryjo--that's fantastic. And sherman looks positively outraged to be in a crate!!
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 3/13/2010, 11:13 pm

That is so awesome MJ! I tried to get my friend from high school to stop by, but he texted me and said he was snowboarding in all of the fresh powder you got up there. I am so glad the event went well. Hooray.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 3/13/2010, 11:49 pm

Nice work!! And yes, Sherman doesn't look too thrilled....

Laughing
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 3/14/2010, 12:56 am

YAY!!!!!! I'm so glad it was successful. Poor Sherman...he looks dashing with the red cast, but none to happy to be in the crate.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 3/14/2010, 1:28 am

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!! I'm so glad it was such a success! Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! 977583 Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! 78340 Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! Icon_cheers Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 3/14/2010, 4:11 am

That's one AMAZING result for a bake sale!!!! I'm so happy for you - and for Sherman! It would be sad if he had to put his leg - cast and all - in hock. Wink
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 3/14/2010, 6:53 am

Well done, everyone!

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 3/14/2010, 7:23 am

Fantastic!!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 3/14/2010, 9:44 am

Hurray for Sherman & PPR! Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! 78340
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie & Stella 3/14/2010, 12:41 pm

Yay! That's awesome!!
Katie & Stella
Katie & Stella

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 3/14/2010, 12:50 pm

Congratulations on your hard work!!!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 3/14/2010, 1:32 pm

Katie & Stella wrote:Yay! That's awesome!!

what katie said. Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! 977583
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 3/14/2010, 1:33 pm

How WONDERFUL!! But I have to ask...just what did you put in the brownies...??? Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! Icon_biggrin
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 3/14/2010, 3:28 pm

Pugsavers wrote:How WONDERFUL!! But I have to ask...just what did you put in the brownies...??? Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! Icon_biggrin

I didn't make any brownies, but several of Linda's friends did. *LOL* I gave up chocolate for Lent, can't touch 'em... *wink*
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 3/14/2010, 5:34 pm

I love that so many people baked.. but I love more that so many people BOUGHT the bakings!!

well done!
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 3/14/2010, 5:46 pm

Not Afraid wrote:That's one AMAZING result for a bake sale!!!! I'm so happy for you - and for Sherman! It would be sad if he had to put his leg - cast and all - in hock. Wink

We did the bake sale as a silent auction. People had minimum bids per package, and people were having fun bidding against each other! Some people wanted certain things, so they'd START with an outrageous bid. *LOL* Linda & Vickie were out in the bake-sale area running it. I was with the pug party people and there pugs.

I took Sherman out of his crate frequently and would walk around, cuddling him. People got to meet this sweet boy first-hand. I think it helped the bids and donations a lot.

All in all, everyone had a blast!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 3/14/2010, 5:59 pm

Maryjo, I'm so glad to hear that Sherman's bake sale went well and even raised a little extra! What a great success!!
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 3/14/2010, 8:56 pm

Holy crapola!!! I can't believe how much you made. That is awesome! Where was it? Do you think the location helped? I was just paying some SEPRA bills and it's not good. We are going broke again.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 3/14/2010, 9:19 pm

That is so totally awesome Maryjo. congratulations!!

That gives me and idea for when we have another ever. We have quite a few cake decorating volunteers.. I think I will ask each to bake a pug related cake or something like that...I love bidding wars!!
couchpugs
couchpugs

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 3/15/2010, 9:09 am

Great news, I'm glad it was such a success!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 3/15/2010, 3:53 pm

Three cheers for Sherman, PPR, and the good people who bought the goodies. Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! Icon_cheers Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! Icon_cheers Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! Icon_cheers
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/15/2010, 8:12 pm

hooray! how exciting! Very Happy
glad to hear it was a success! Sherman's bake sale was a HUGE success!! 335895

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next