Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lung torsion in pugs?

3 posters

Go down

lung torsion in pugs? Empty lung torsion in pugs?

Post  Saira 2/14/2010, 7:26 pm

Has anyone had any experience with this? A friend of mine through rescue just had to rush her 5 year old to the vet with labored shallow breathing. They suspect torsion of the lungs? I have never heard of this so I told her I would ask and see if anyone has had any experience with this-they are out of their minds with worry about their little guy.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

lung torsion in pugs? Empty Re: lung torsion in pugs?

Post  Aussie Witch 2/14/2010, 11:22 pm

Never heard of it before in dogs, so of course I had to go off and google.

Interestingly enough, Pugs are listed as one of the handful of breeds in which it has been diagnosed, even though it is pretty rare. Surgery is apparently the treatment and from what I could read up on, prognosis is okay.

I hope your friend's little guy is okay. Please keep us updated.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  agilepug 2/16/2010, 5:40 pm

One of my pug's breeders had a dog with this, I don't know much details other than she had surgery and recovered well.
agilepug
agilepug

Number of posts : 148

http://www.westoverpugpack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down