Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn is getting adopted

+13
ayleash
HK Pugs
Renee
Pugsaunt
Not Afraid
Rebecca and the Pugs
Aussie Witch
Amber
Saira
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
papaspugs
TxAllieGrl
Maryjo
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dawn is getting adopted Empty Dawn is getting adopted

Post  Guest 2/25/2010, 12:26 pm

I'm happy and sad, she will have been with us a month this Saturday, I've seen her go from a scared pug to one that is happy to be alive.
I'ts going to be so hard to see her go but I'm happy she will be in her forever home and hope her new mom is good to her.
I got the message this morning on the way to work and bawled all the here.

Back to top Go down

Dawn is getting adopted Empty Re: Dawn is getting adopted

Post  Maryjo 2/25/2010, 12:31 pm

How wonderful for Dawn! I know what you mean, though, I am going to cry a river when Kashi gets adopted. She's been here too long.

Shermon, the sweet loveable hulk of a pug that he is, hasn't had too much interest. Gee darn, he might have to stay with us a long long time. LOL
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 2/25/2010, 12:51 pm

ah Donna, I know that's bittersweet for you. I'm happy Dawn is going to a good home, though I know it's tough to let her go. You've done so well with her, bringing her out of her shell. Job well done! sending some hugs your way

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 2/25/2010, 12:54 pm

Congratulations to Dawn! I am sure that she is going to a great home. You can be proud of the weeks that she has spent with you preparing for a new future.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/25/2010, 12:58 pm

I've tried so hard to shield my heart from her but it's impossible. I just told her this morning that we needed to find her a forever mom who loves her as much as I do.
I imagine it gets easier the longer you do it but right now my heart is very heavy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 2/25/2010, 12:59 pm

Yay for Dawn! I understand though, it's so hard to see them go. I had to take our last foster, Taffy, to her new family by myself because Jeff was out of town for some reason. Anyway, I had a 45 minute drive home afterward, and I cried the whole way. She was one I would have kept in a heartbeat.
You should be so proud of how much you helped Dawn blossom into the pug she is now, you did a wonderful thing!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 2/25/2010, 1:00 pm

Donna wrote:I've tried so hard to shield my heart from her but it's impossible. I just told her this morning that we needed to find her a forever mom who loves her as much as I do.
I imagine it gets easier the longer you do it but right now my heart is very heavy.

Honestly, I don't think it gets easier. It always hurts when a foster leaves you, they always seem to wiggle their way into your hearts. You did such a great job with her though, and I know she will have a wonderful home.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/25/2010, 1:03 pm

Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:Yay for Dawn! I understand though, it's so hard to see them go. I had to take our last foster, Taffy, to her new family by myself because Jeff was out of town for some reason. Anyway, I had a 45 minute drive home afterward, and I cried the whole way. She was one I would have kept in a heartbeat.
You should be so proud of how much you helped Dawn blossom into the pug she is now, you did a wonderful thing!

I have a two hour drive each way alone, that is going to be hard.

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 2/25/2010, 1:14 pm

Oh Donna, I am happy and sad for you at the same time. I'm so glad Dawn has found her forever home, but I can only imagine how hard it must be to let her go. Big hugs to you!!!
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/25/2010, 1:56 pm

You've done a great job Donna and Allie is right - "bittersweet" is an apt description. Dawn is getting adopted 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/25/2010, 2:06 pm

I just got a phone call from a person who lives in my town interested in her, I told her about her sister Debbie who is just like Dawn and she might be interested in her. Could be a good week for them.
I'm just starting to feel ill over it, I know I don't want to keep her but still, when I get home I know I'm going to be a big mush ball!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 2/25/2010, 4:10 pm

Donna wrote:I just got a phone call from a person who lives in my town interested in her, I told her about her sister Debbie who is just like Dawn and she might be interested in her. Could be a good week for them.
I'm just starting to feel ill over it, I know I don't want to keep her but still, when I get home I know I'm going to be a big mush ball!
Donna, the pugs never forget their foster family. You were the first one that showed them it was okay to be loved again, you taught them how to play and trust. They will always have a special place in their heart for you. At the last Pug-O-Ween we had, two former fosters Peter (the one with the broken leg and hip) and JoJo (now Rudy) both checked in with me throughout the day, crawled on my lap, and gave me lots of kisses. Rudy had gotten so big, I almost didn't recognize him. He started licking my leg as I was being interviewed for a news story. I looked down and realized it was him. When I picked him up he went CRAZY licking my face. They thought it was really cute that he remembered me.The news crew also interviewed his forever family after that. And.... I have remained in contact with many of the families of my former fosters. You have done a great thing Donna.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 2/25/2010, 6:49 pm

I know how hard it is to give up a fost - actually, I don't because I am a sucky foster Mom - but I'm so happy that she is going to a good home and will continue to become the fantastic pug she has shown she can be. You've done such great work with her and you should be very proud!
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 2/25/2010, 7:05 pm

Donna, you have done such good work with Dawn. Without you, she would still be a frightened little thing. Huge hugs to you, you are a fantastically good human being.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 2/25/2010, 9:43 pm

This is exactly how it has been for me with fostering. I just fall in love with them all, and it is so hard to give them up! You have done a wonderful thing for Dawn....and just remember, she's moving on because of your love and help, and your home will open up for another pug in need, maybe one that needs you more than Dawn does now. ((Hugs))
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  HK Pugs 2/25/2010, 11:41 pm

Donna wrote:I imagine it gets easier the longer you do it but right now my heart is very heavy.

Nope, doesn't get easier! Dawn is getting adopted Icon_cry You've done a good job! Dawn is getting adopted 27965
HK Pugs
HK Pugs

Number of posts : 1550

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/26/2010, 9:10 am

I woke up this morning to her cute little face just staring at me, got all weepy.
I spoke to her new mom for a long time last night, she seems nice but it's still going to be so hard to let her go. Not sure if I'm cut out for this.

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 2/26/2010, 9:19 am

I didn't want to ask if you still had here and then there's this.. the good news.. you have found her her best new life... rupert will be pleased... how will he tell you? A gift in your shoes? Will Vivian look for her when you come home without her? Or will they just pugpile on top of you and be happy... (I have noticed my pack is VERY pile-y (in the good way, not the poop way) when I come in with salt-stained cheeks.)

You are an angel and Dawn will always remember you.

Dawn is getting adopted 335895
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 2/26/2010, 10:40 am

I'm sorry, but the others are right - it doesn't really get any easier. That's probably why I have 4...yes 4!...foster failures here. But I have managed to let more than 4 go to their own forever homes, so I guess that it's ok. You have done a good thing & while I know how hard it will be to see her leave, there's another pug out there who will need you just as much as she did. It's ok to cry. It means you did what a foster mom is supposed to do - love them like they were your own. I have kept in touch with many of my former foster's adoptive families and I LOVE getting a Christmas card from my very first foster pug every year.

Dawn is getting adopted 27965 for you. Wish that we lived closer so that one of us could make the drive with you.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/26/2010, 10:58 am

Thanks for all the well wishes, they really do mean a lot. Not sure if Vivian and Rupert will care if she is not here, I'm pretty proud of them for taking to her like they did, Viv as usual was a bit standoffish at first but came around very quickly.
I do wish I had someone to go with me but it just didn't work out that way.
I am meeting her at the adoption coordinator for Green Mountain house in Vermont, I've never meet all of her pugs and am looking forward to that. I will take my camera and get pics.
Thanks again for being my support group.

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 2/26/2010, 1:00 pm

As everyone else has already said, Donna, no, it doesn't get any easier. On a number of occasions in the past I have driven home in tears, and I'm not generally given to weeping! But try to think of it this way; you've done an absolutely fantastic job with Dawn, getting her ready for her new life. Congratulations and hugs to you both! Dawn is getting adopted 335895

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 2/26/2010, 2:13 pm

YAY for Dawn.

Some are harder to let go of than others, but they all take a piece of you with them. I often have dogs that are with me for long periods of time--months, so that makes letting them go harder.

It doesn't get easier, really, but you do adjust to the fact that you've done the job required--to get this small creature into good enough shape to live on their life with their forever people. And that's no small accomplishment.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/26/2010, 3:30 pm

I don't know why I said it get easier, I can't imagine not feeling sad when they leave. I might be fostering her sister next, I'll find out on Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/27/2010, 11:06 am

UGH, had to postpone her adoption till next week, we got another small snow storm, so did the person who is adopting her, I'm coming from Albany to Vermont, shes coming from New Hampshire to Vermont all three states have a winter advisory for today.
A little frustrating, not that I don't want to keep her around for a while but I got her bag all packed up and had a few more cries, now I have to do it all over again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/1/2010, 3:25 pm

Congrats! Dawn is getting adopted 335895 Dawn is getting adopted 609723

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next