Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge

+17
Renee
papaspugs
H the P
smoochieface
Not Afraid
Brenda
Pugsaunt
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
MackandMattiesMom
Cathy
Maryjo
Pugnse
rachi
ayleash
PugLady3
TxAllieGrl
Rebecca and the Pugs
21 posters

Go down

Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge Empty Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 3/4/2010, 10:23 am

Yesterday, after many tears, we sent Pugsley to the bridge. His old body was shutting down. Roxane pleaded for a last ditch effort but his sweet soul could no longer be supported by his failing shell. He couldn't hear us tell him how much we loved him, but he felt it by our gentle touch and by the tears streaming on his soft fur from our faces. I am grateful that I got to share his last year of life with him. In that year, he learned he didn't have to sleep sitting up, that he would have access fresh water at any moment, and he would have his belly filled with nutritional food. Pugsley learned what it was like to have a soft place to lay his weary head, have piles of toys and treats. He would receive medical care for the first time, and spend the last year of his life without the tennis ball sized tumor on his rump. Lastly, he learned that he would be loved and adored not only by his hospice mom, but by everyone that met him. I will miss that sweet boy.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge Empty Re: Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge

Post  TxAllieGrl 3/4/2010, 10:39 am

It's never easy. Sending some hugs to you & Roxane too. Thanks for making his last year full of love and care.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge Empty Re: Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge

Post  PugLady3 3/4/2010, 10:42 am

I'm so sorry, Rebecca. Pugsley was very fortunate to have been so loved and well cared for in his final days. Many thanks to you & to Pugsavers for being there for him. May he rest in peace. Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge 1275
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 3/4/2010, 11:42 am

he is going to pick that last year to be the one he lives over and over by the bridge...

thank you for your loving actS and tribute.
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  rachi 3/4/2010, 11:43 am

I'm so sorry. Puglsey was a lucky guy to have known such love in his last year. Quality, not quantity I think. Bless you for showing him what true love is.
rachi
rachi

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugnse 3/4/2010, 12:18 pm

Rebecca, I am so sorry...Thank you for caring for him...
Pugnse
Pugnse

Number of posts : 585

http://www.photothree65.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 3/4/2010, 12:58 pm

A candle will be lit in Alaska. His last days were spent being loved, that is all you can do.

Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge 1275
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy 3/4/2010, 1:17 pm

A candle is lit in Maryland. Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge 1275 Thank you for loving him.
Cathy
Cathy

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 3/4/2010, 1:39 pm

Thank you for taking such wonderful care of Pugsley. Hugs to you and Roxane. I'll light a candle for sweet Pugsley.

candle
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  Lu Ci and Ri Ki 3/4/2010, 1:50 pm

Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge 1275 A candle is lit in remembrance of Pugsley.
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Number of posts : 569

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 3/4/2010, 2:09 pm

I'm so sorry, Rebecca and Roxane. Thanks to you, he knew what being a pug should be, and he knew love. I will say a prayer for him.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 3/4/2010, 2:13 pm

And all those things he learned in that year, he will now remember always thanks to you Rebecca. I am so sorry for your loss.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 3/4/2010, 2:17 pm

I'm so sorry for you loss, but I am so grateful that he knew what unconditional love was for his last year. He can truly rest in peace.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 3/4/2010, 2:59 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss and pain. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the brave foster parents out here. You all are heroes. Pugsley knew so much love and comfort before it was his time.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 3/4/2010, 2:59 pm

I am sorry. Thank you for taking such wonderful care of him in his final year. Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge 1275 Sleep peacefully now, Pugsley dear.

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 3/4/2010, 3:47 pm

RIP Pugsley. Hugs to you.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 3/4/2010, 3:57 pm

May Pugsley rest in peace. I'm sure he never looked back on any of those days before he was rescued. What a blessing for him and you that his last years was being treated the way he deserved. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 3/4/2010, 5:41 pm

I'm so sorry Rebecca, but I am glad that his final year was one filled with love and loving care. Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/4/2010, 6:25 pm

Oh I am so terribly sorry...I am very sorry for you loss. Hang in there. He is smiling down on your <3

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 3/4/2010, 7:10 pm

I am so sorry., Hospice Pug Pugsley is now at the bridge 1275
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 3/4/2010, 8:18 pm

A candle is lit in Toronto for Pugsley. They say that dogs live in the moment and what is happening right now is what their world is--Pugsley's world was pretty good for the last year and that's a good thing. He left the world having known love and light and peace in your care.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 3/5/2010, 8:20 am

Poor little guy. I'm so sorry for your loss.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down