Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucy again

+3
Imon
dieselsmom
Amanda
7 posters

Go down

Lucy again Empty Lucy again

Post  Amanda 3/16/2010, 8:43 pm

Well, when we got home from work, Lucy seemed perkier. She ran around outside and her tail was up. I still took her to the vet. No fever, heart/lungs normal. He really manipulated her a lot and nothing seemed painful or out of the ordinary. Once we got back home she seems "off" again. Her tail isn't down as much but she's being distant. She doesn't want to sit on the couch with me. Instead she laid on the floor across the room. Now she's out in the kitchen and I'm in the living room, with pizza! Do you think maybe she's spooked by something? She ate her dinner. She pooped and hasn't vomited. Any thoughts?
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Lucy again Empty Re: Lucy again

Post  dieselsmom 3/16/2010, 9:05 pm

That was my first thought, Amanda - did something spook her that she doesn't want to come back in the living room or sit on the sofa? The bizarre thing is they can be spooked by the oddest things, so who knows what it might be. I hope that's all it is and she gets over it soon.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Imon 3/16/2010, 9:20 pm

Did you spot clean the sofa or rug or use any cleaning materials in that room? Does she act like herself in other rooms except that one? Did you add or change anything in the room that might make it look or smell different than it did before?
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 3/16/2010, 9:28 pm

Imon wrote:Did you spot clean the sofa or rug or use any cleaning materials in that room? Does she act like herself in other rooms except that one? Did you add or change anything in the room that might make it look or smell different than it did before?
Not that I can think of. Also, Kyle said she was acting a bit odd last night with him down in the basement too so I guess it's not just the living room. When she was out in the kitchen earlier, I went out and she was just laying on the floor. Not pacing or anything and pacing/circling is her thing! So, I'm stumped.

While she was still in bed this morning, Kyle went over to her and started talking to her. I was standing next to him and she came over to me like she was just trying to get real close to me. It seems usually when something is wrong with them, they shy away. It wasn't like she was scared of Kyle or anything but just like she wanted to be near her mom, kind of like a kid would do. It's kind of hard to explain but a behavior I haven't seen before. I wondered too if it had anything to do with proximity to Nell but I don't think Nell was downstairs with Kyle and Lucy last night. I need to ask him.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 3/16/2010, 9:35 pm

Amanda wrote:
Imon wrote:Did you spot clean the sofa or rug or use any cleaning materials in that room? Does she act like herself in other rooms except that one? Did you add or change anything in the room that might make it look or smell different than it did before?
Not that I can think of. Also, Kyle said she was acting a bit odd last night with him down in the basement too so I guess it's not just the living room. When she was out in the kitchen earlier, I went out and she was just laying on the floor. Not pacing or anything and pacing/circling is her thing! So, I'm stumped.

While she was still in bed this morning, Kyle went over to her and started talking to her. I was standing next to him and she came over to me like she was just trying to get real close to me. It seems usually when something is wrong with them, they shy away. It wasn't like she was scared of Kyle or anything but just like she wanted to be near her mom, kind of like a kid would do. It's kind of hard to explain but a behavior I haven't seen before. I wondered too if it had anything to do with proximity to Nell but I don't think Nell was downstairs with Kyle and Lucy last night. I need to ask him.

I was going to ask if maybe they could have had a fight or something. Indy acts weird if Sophie snaps at him (seriously, he comes crying to me and pouts for a day or two).
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 3/16/2010, 9:44 pm

You've done/are doing everything possible to find the cause Amanda, so I think that is a huge help. Hope it turns out to be "just one of those things" and she's back to 100% normal (for Lucy! Lucy again Icon_biggrin ) soon. Lucy again 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 3/16/2010, 9:46 pm

Saira wrote:

I was going to ask if maybe they could have had a fight or something. Indy acts weird if Sophie snaps at him (seriously, he comes crying to me and pouts for a day or two).
They did almost get into a fight the other night but I grabbed Nell just as it was starting. It's the first scuffle they've had in a while but they've gotten into plenty of full blown fights so I'm not sure why that would have really affected her. If it's something "mental" I'm not sure how to explain the shaking/shivering though. Isn't that usually a sign of pain? I haven't noticed it tonight but she was doing it this morning.

I know I'm probably over thinking it and being a worry wart.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 3/16/2010, 9:55 pm

I'm stumped. Penny will all of a sudden notice something that has been there forever (like a wicker basket on my dresser once, or the pot rack in the kitchen) and start barking and glaring at it. No shaking/shivering, though. You may never know what happened or what set it off. Give Lucy a hug from me, though.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 3/18/2010, 10:34 am

How is Lucy today??
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 3/18/2010, 11:09 am

Saira wrote:How is Lucy today??
Still acting a bit odd. Her tail isn't down anymore but she's still liking to lay off by herself. She slept under the bed last night. I wasn't feeling well yesterday and she did take a nap in bed with me and was fine. She's still eating fine, etc. She still gets worked up if somebody comes to the door or there's something on TV she doesn't like so it's not as if her behavior has completely changed. I haven't noticed any more shivering in the past 24 hr or so. I don't know! Kyle says she's just losing her mind. Like her mama I guess.

I think I'll wait until the weekend is over and see how she is then. I don't want to ignore the issue but she's not really acting "sick" either.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/18/2010, 5:24 pm

I hope that she feels much better after this weekend. sending lots of positive vibes both your way!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 3/18/2010, 6:02 pm

Is the air dry indoors? Could she have 'sparked' herself on something? Thelma didn't go near the couch for ages when she sparked herself once...

Just trying to come up with ideas...
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down