Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teeth

4 posters

Go down

Teeth Empty Teeth

Post  GAPugLover 3/24/2010, 4:36 pm

I have had Bridget for a while now. I know she is only 4 months old. However, I have noticed that she only has 2 lower front teeth on her lower jaw located on the left and right side. All of the other lower front teeth are missing completely. I am just wondering if this is normal or if this is a genetic defect. I am also wondering if she will start to grow teeth there as she gets older and starts to become an adult Pug. The very front inside of her lower jaw seems to only be all gum and no new teeth starting to emerge other than the 2 that are on her right and left side. I would love any thoughts, opinions, help, and answers.
GAPugLover
GAPugLover

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Teeth Empty Re: Teeth

Post  Renee 3/24/2010, 5:04 pm

I know it is common for pugs to be missing teeth. Two out of my three just naturally were missing a few a piece. I don't know what is normal for puppies though. I would just ask your vet to take a quick peek when you see them next. Is she able to eat?
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  GAPugLover 3/24/2010, 5:34 pm

She is able to eat just fine. I do not think that it is bothering her at all. I was just curious to know if this was normal or not or if this is a genetic defect.
GAPugLover
GAPugLover

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 3/24/2010, 9:01 pm

GAPugLover wrote:She is able to eat just fine. I do not think that it is bothering her at all. I was just curious to know if this was normal or not or if this is a genetic defect.
You likely won't know until her permanent teeth come in. If what she's missing are just her baby teeth, she may have more when her adult teeth come in--and they start to lose baby teeth between 4 and 8 months, I think. I know Pippin's been dropping teeth like a fiend the last 6 weeks. I have quite a collection--that I've mostly found by stepping on them!
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GAPugLover 3/26/2010, 10:34 am

Thanks, I will just wait for her adult teeth to grow in. But, if by then I still don't see any of her lower front ones...I will just take her to my vet and get her opinion.
GAPugLover
GAPugLover

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/26/2010, 6:22 pm

that's totally normal..it does take some time for all adult teeth to grow in. :)

Back to top Go down

Post  GAPugLover 3/31/2010, 6:11 am

I understand, I am just going to wait and see.
GAPugLover
GAPugLover

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 3/31/2010, 6:37 am

Interesting. Keep us posted, please.

Both my boys had a full set of baby gnashers, which they used to good effect, before the adult teeth came in.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  GAPugLover 4/1/2010, 5:30 pm

I definitely will keep you all posted.
GAPugLover
GAPugLover

Back to top Go down