Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What age do puppies teeth?

+2
smoochieface
Saira
6 posters

Go down

What age do puppies teeth? Empty What age do puppies teeth?

Post  Saira 8/13/2010, 1:32 pm

Dallas was estimated to be 6 months, and she is most definitely in her teething/biting stage. For some reason, I always thought the teething stage was earlier, but it's been awhile so I was just curious.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

What age do puppies teeth? Empty Re: What age do puppies teeth?

Post  smoochieface 8/13/2010, 1:34 pm

That sounds about right, I think. It's been a while. But I know that Leo was six months when he joined us and we went through an awful teething stage with him. But I also think that when Bruno was somewhere between 16 weeks and 6 months, he tried to eat our solid pine coffee table every day. Maybe teething lasts longer than I remember. God, I can't remember anything these days. That was helpful, huh?
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 8/13/2010, 1:35 pm

smoochieface wrote:That sounds about right, I think. It's been a while. But I know that Leo was six months when he joined us and we went through an awful teething stage with him. But I also think that when Bruno was somewhere between 16 weeks and 6 months, he tried to eat our solid pine coffee table every day. Maybe teething lasts longer than I remember. God, I can't remember anything these days. That was helpful, huh?

Gee, thanks Kendie! Laughing

Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/13/2010, 1:36 pm

Here's what I could find about age and teething:

Estimating Age by Observing Teeth

Puppies are born without teeth but baby canines (the longer teeth on
each side in the front of the mouth) begin erupting at around 3 to 4
weeks of age, with incisors (the tiny teeth in the front) and premolars
(larger side teeth) coming in at around 4 to 6 weeks of age. Puppies
should have a total of 28 baby teeth by the age of 8 weeks.
Around the age of 4 to 5 months, puppies will begin shedding their baby teeth and by the age of 7 months all permanent incisors, canines, premolars and molars should be in. Adult dogs of most breeds have 42 teeth.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhoebesMommy 8/13/2010, 2:11 pm

I think Phoebe was about 4 months old when she started losing her baby teeth. I remember waking up one morning and it looked like she was punched in the face because she was missing her front teeth. However she did retain a baby tooth. I had her spayed the day after her 1st bday (i know mean mommy) and she had to have one pulled that day. she was still retaining 1.
PhoebesMommy
PhoebesMommy

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 8/13/2010, 7:04 pm

Wally was never much of a chewer (and to this day doesn't care about toys other than bully sticks), but Emmet was, and has always loved stuffies.

We moved into my house over my spring break, when he was exactly one year old, and I made the mistake of giving him not only the kitchen (spring break was just ending, so this was on my first day back to school), but also the landing in the back hall...(this was actually for me, so I didn't have to hop a gate when I got home)...

• He chewed the berber carpet (did you know it unravels? so much fun--luckily, previous owner had left some extra--no landing after that!)
  • He chewed the rung of one of my kitchen chairs (thankfully, inexpensive, and he didn't ingest anything).
  • He chewed the handle of my freezer (I have a bottom freezer, lest you think he's got super pug jumping / flying powers). What age do puppies teeth? Icon_lol
But he was definitely at the end of the chewing stage at that point--I mean, he'll still chew his toys, but nothing else now (unless he's moved to take a flip flop, but that happens rarely now, and he usually doesn't do much but move it to another room.) What age do puppies teeth? Icon_lol
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  thminis 8/13/2010, 9:26 pm

I'd agree some will teeth as late as 7 mos. Usually if you have a pup with retained baby teeth, if they're 8 mos or older they most likely won't fall out on their own (hence the teething stage is over?). I've definitely seen pups around 6 mos with wiggly baby teeth still!
thminis
thminis

Number of posts : 1139

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down