Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rolling my eyes here.....

+11
H the P
Maryjo
Pugsaunt
northernwitch
Aussie Witch
majik
Millie'sMichael
TxAllieGrl
Mel
Saira
Renee
15 posters

Go down

Rolling my eyes here..... Empty Rolling my eyes here.....

Post  Renee 5/1/2010, 5:08 pm

Just took Daisy to meet a potential adoptive couple....but, they left. They didn't know that 1. pugs shed, and 2. pugs like to go on the furniture. Rolling my eyes here..... Icon_rolleyes

This gets me down.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Rolling my eyes here..... Empty Re: Rolling my eyes here.....

Post  Saira 5/1/2010, 5:29 pm

It's better they did that now than realize it after taking her home! It's disappointing though, but Daisy will find a perfect home. hug dog
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 5/1/2010, 5:31 pm

that would have me a bit puzzled. like Saira said, at least they didn't take her home. she's still in good hands and you'll find capable parents for her. those obviously were not.
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 5/1/2010, 6:19 pm

people are dumb, though Daisy is lucky they decided that before they took her home. hang in there Renee! I'm sure the perfect home will come along.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Millie'sMichael 5/1/2010, 7:29 pm

I understand that shedding and furniture could be issues for some people, but it makes you wonder what kind of life any dog will have in their home. And wonder why they were drawn to pugs in the first place.
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  majik 5/1/2010, 7:30 pm

People never cease to amaze me .When i took Benny to puppy class out of the 8 puppies there (all different breeds) I was the only one that had researched the breed i had...........go figure no wonder people have no idea of what they are getting into and their dog ends up in rescue.I wouldnt be able to help myself i get sarcastic when people piss me off and would of suggested that mabe just a photo of a dog would be more suitable to their requirements.
majik
majik

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 5/1/2010, 7:42 pm

majik wrote:People never cease to amaze me .When i took Benny to puppy class out of the 8 puppies there (all different breeds) I was the only one that had researched the breed i had...........go figure no wonder people have no idea of what they are getting into and their dog ends up in rescue.I wouldnt be able to help myself i get sarcastic when people piss me off and would of suggested that mabe just a photo of a dog would be more suitable to their requirements.

This is exactly what I thought. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am grateful they were able to realize immediately that a pug was not for them....but, I wondered....did they even do ANY research on the breed before getting an application filled in and scheduling a visit? And, you are absolutly correct - this is why dogs end up in rescue. Where did this mentality come from that dogs have to be "prefect" in order to be bothered with? No one does that to thier kids.

I guess I just needed to vent about it a little.
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 5/1/2010, 7:55 pm

Vent away Renee. As said, thank Dog everyone found out now. Rolling my eyes here..... 253213
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/1/2010, 8:01 pm

Yep. It can really make you wonder about people. But at least they know now. And the perfect home is waiting for her somewhere.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/1/2010, 8:23 pm

Um, let me see. Pugs do four things, and they do them well: eat, sleep, shed, and love. The last one makes up for the others, in my book. As Rona said, Thank Dog they realized that they weren't cut out to be Pug People.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 5/2/2010, 12:33 am

At least they found out BEFORE adopting her.. Didn't Abercrombie have someone visit him, too??
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 5/2/2010, 12:59 am

Maryjo wrote:.. Didn't Abercrombie have someone visit him, too??

Nope, Ab didn't even go. I know some people want to meet him, those ones from Soldotna...but Vickie will have to do a home visit, which will require a road trip for her. This was a couple in town that met Daisy.
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 5/2/2010, 7:18 am

As everyone else has said, better now than later. Nevertheless, after all these years in rescue, people never cease to amaze me. Rolling my eyes here..... Icon_rolleyes

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/2/2010, 8:58 am

Did someone do a home visit and have them fill out an app?

Of course it's better now but still you get your hopes up that you found a good home and then they pull something like this.

I've had people tell me that they want a rescue dog but it can't have any issues....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/4/2010, 5:29 pm

aw, bummer. glad they didn't take her and then return her. I really don't understand how people want to get pets and do no research about them before getting them. You cant just get a pet because it's cute and you think you dont have to do anything to care for it. I hope Daisy gets a good home soon!

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 5/4/2010, 5:52 pm

[quote="Donna"]Did someone do a home visit and have them fill out an app?

quote]

No, we did not do a home visit. Generally, we do a meeting somewhere neutral, they fill in an application, and then home visit is the next step. They only had the initial meeting, and figured out that it wasn't for them.
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 5/5/2010, 9:09 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:Um, let me see. Pugs do four things, and they do them well: eat, sleep, shed, and love. The last one makes up for the others, in my book. As Rona said, Thank Dog they realized that they weren't cut out to be Pug People.

When I decided that I wanted a pug, I read everything I could get my hands on. Every article and book said that they shed like crazy. For some odd reason this did not deter me. I think it was because I read that pugs will always make you laugh and they are made to "give love and get love." Apparently this is what I needed because there is a crap load of dog hair everywhere in my house and I don't care. I love these two boys so much my heart aches just thinking about it. I want their life to be awesome!

If these people changed their minds, THANK GOD. Someone like us will get the pug! Every pug deserves it.
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 5/6/2010, 3:29 pm

It is so sad that people do not do more research before taking on a LIVING thing, goodness!

But yes, good they figured it out now. When people ask me about Co-PIlot, I always start by saying how wonderful she is, but I always tell people that pugs shed, A LOT. No one ever believes me until I pet her and see all the hair flying off her.

And not all pugs have to get on furniture, but come on, wouldn't you want them at your side 24/7!
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 5/6/2010, 3:53 pm

yes, much better that you found out now! poor daisy. i'm sure the right home will come along.

people are so dumb. so many people don't know that pugs shed. a co-worker was considering getting a pug and i know she is obsessive about cleaning, so i told her that they shed a ton! that changed her mind pretty fast.
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 5/8/2010, 2:26 pm

Definitely good that those people found out before taking Daisy into their home.

On pugs shedding. I think it is mostly people who have NEVER had their own pug that would not put up with the shedding. I think once you HAVE a pug and find what a great personality and how lovable they are you tend to learn to overlook the shedding! At least that is what happened to me.............. Rolling my eyes here..... 609723
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down