Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eyes? I don't need no stinking eyes!!

+15
Eph91
pugsandkids
LisaIzzyAggy
Saira
H the P
Pugs4me
sallyandtilly
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
TxAllieGrl
Amanda
smoochieface
Aussie Witch
viralmd
MommaJones
northernwitch
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eyes?  I don't need no stinking eyes!! Empty Eyes? I don't need no stinking eyes!!

Post  northernwitch 6/1/2009, 5:19 pm

Hazel is getting the remaining eye removed on Friday. It's been getting progressively worse and I've been lubing it 8 times a day and Optimmune twice a day. So I took her in to see my vet today and the eye (which did have a tear production value of 3) is now testing in the negative numbers--which I didn't think was even possible. So we're taking out her remaining eye. She's blind in it anyway and it's ludicrous to put drops in 8+ times a day.
My vet said "She'll probably feel alot better without it. You may see an increase in her energy level". WHAT???
I told Judy if she gets anymore active after this enucleation (she did after the first one), I'll be bringing her back to be euthanized!! A more busy Hazel doesn't bear thinking about!
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Eyes?  I don't need no stinking eyes!! Empty Re: Eyes? I don't need no stinking eyes!!

Post  MommaJones 6/1/2009, 5:33 pm

It sounds like you and Hazel both have a good attitude about this. I'll pray that it all goes smoothly...and does NOT result in an increased energy level!!!!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Eyes?  I don't need no stinking eyes!! Empty Re: Eyes? I don't need no stinking eyes!!

Post  viralmd 6/1/2009, 5:49 pm

Please let us know when she's out of surgery!

viralmd

Number of posts : 56
Location : Cyrilia, an independent entity contained entirely within the City of New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 6/1/2009, 5:51 pm

Hope all goes well and she dosen't burst forth with a higher level of energy. hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 6/1/2009, 6:15 pm

Good and healing vibes going out to Hazel. Can't wait to hear about the escapades of your newly energized pug!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/1/2009, 6:19 pm

Best of luck to Hazel!!

So, if I get 2 additional eyes installed on Nell will she settle down??
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/1/2009, 6:29 pm

Sending lots of good thoughts for Hazel, along with a few "low energy" thoughts too.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Lu Ci and Ri Ki 6/1/2009, 6:43 pm

Praying that all will go well with Hazel's surgery.
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Number of posts : 569

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 6/1/2009, 6:49 pm

Sounds like that is the best thing for both you and Hazel.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugs4me 6/1/2009, 7:01 pm

I'll be keeping Hazel and you in my thoughts.
Pugs4me
Pugs4me

Number of posts : 405

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 6/1/2009, 7:21 pm

Amanda wrote:
So, if I get 2 additional eyes installed on Nell will she settle down??
Hmmm. Trying to think what that surgery would be called? Innucleation? Renucleation?

Might be expensive, Amanda. How much is Nell calming down worth to you?
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 6/2/2009, 8:08 am

Good luck to Hazel for her surgery on Friday.

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/2/2009, 9:37 am

Good thoughts for Hazel on Friday!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 6/2/2009, 3:04 pm

Prayers and good thoughts for Hazel's surgery. hug dog
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 6/2/2009, 3:09 pm

Sounds like Hazel will be feeling much better without! I hope she does not make you crazy :o
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  viralmd 6/6/2009, 12:55 pm

Just posting to ask about Hazel...and it's called enucleation.

Please let us know how things went!

viralmd

Number of posts : 56
Location : Cyrilia, an independent entity contained entirely within the City of New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/6/2009, 1:06 pm

viralmd wrote:Just posting to ask about Hazel...and it's called enucleation.

I know she was a pretty sick pup last night from the anesthesia. Hopefully she's feeling better today!!
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/6/2009, 2:35 pm

Amanda wrote:
viralmd wrote:Just posting to ask about Hazel...and it's called enucleation.

I know she was a pretty sick pup last night from the anesthesia. Hopefully she's feeling better today!!

I was checking in to see if there was news, hopefully she feels better today. Lots of good thoughts for Hazel.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 6/6/2009, 4:22 pm

I hope she's feeling better today!
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 6/6/2009, 8:27 pm

Alice--I know eye removal is enucleation--I was trying to come up with a name for Amanda's giving Nell two additional eyes!

And Hazel is better today. Still some vomiting, but not as bad as last night. Swelling is worse--not a surprise, but her tail is up and she's happier, seemingly. My big concern was that the vet had a hard time getting the bleeding to stop and she was concerned that Hazel might start bleeding again and possibly hemorrhage. That made me a bit nervous. She felt that if I kept Hazel quiet, we should be okay.

Last edited by northernwitch on 6/6/2009, 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 6/6/2009, 8:36 pm

Glad to know her tail is up! That is always a good sign with a pug!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 6/7/2009, 8:41 am

I knew a pug years ago.. who had both eyes removed for various reasons. He used to "tear up" the park with the other pugs at meet up. He would be he first one in line for a treat too. She will di fine as soon as she recovers from her surgery. Give her a hug.....
couchpugs
couchpugs

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 6/7/2009, 10:20 am

couchpugs wrote:I knew a pug years ago.. who had both eyes removed for various reasons. He used to "tear up" the park with the other pugs at meet up. He would be he first one in line for a treat too. She will di fine as soon as she recovers from her surgery. Give her a hug.....
Oh heck, I'm not at all worried about her after the stitches and cone are off. I know lots of eyeless pugs. Hazel has been blind ever since I got her so this isn't an adjustment of any kind for her.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 6/7/2009, 12:53 pm

Hugs from across the pond for Hazel. Hope she will soon be feeling much better, minus the troublesome and not very useful eye. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 6/7/2009, 3:44 pm

Dear little Hazel, as you said, she's better off now - the eye was useless and causing her pain. Big hugs for you both! hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next