Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DREMEL

+3
pugpillow
pugasaurus
Eph91
7 posters

Go down

DREMEL Empty DREMEL

Post  Eph91 5/8/2010, 6:22 pm

Oh, maybe this should be in the other "Information by topic" forum...please move if so, and sorry!

I have a small 4.8v "MiniMite" Dremel, and have been through one battery (the company replaced it, so that was good), already. I've had it for a few years and use it as they suggest (run the battery all the way down, then charge, but it no longer seems to be holding a charge, so I'm thinking I need to get a new one, and perhaps trade "up."

What size is yours, and where did you get it? Thanks!

ETA--I just found one being marketed on Amazon as a "pet grooming" Dremel, and it's a bit stronger and takes AA batteries, so I'm going to try that...but still would like to hear what you all use. DREMEL Icon_biggrin
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

DREMEL Empty Re: DREMEL

Post  pugasaurus 5/8/2010, 11:37 pm

I bought a dremel 4000 a few months ago for jewelry making. It has the strongest motor yet in a dremel and I use mine almost daily. It works really well on pug toenails at lower speeds, 10000 to 15000 rpm. (Yes, it has variable speeds unlike the Mini-Mite.) It's amazingly quiet at low speeds and the dogs love it like they used to love the Mini-Mites.

It was about $79 at Home Depot. I love mine!
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  pugpillow 5/9/2010, 4:20 pm

I have 2 Dremel Mini-Mites, 4.8 V Model 750 (cordless with chargers). I got the first one at Canadian Tire a few years ago but it no longer holds a charge. I got the second one at Walmart. About $60 or $70 as I recall. It does a good job now that I use the drum sander attachment and I can do all 5 pugs in one go before recharging.
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 5/10/2010, 9:49 am

I can't remember what model we have off the top of my head but we have also had battery issues - it tured out to be the charger and not the battery. Just thought I would mention it!
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 5/10/2010, 10:21 am

I use the one on Co-Pilot that we already had in the garage, it has a cord, that has never been a problem for me though. It's very powerful, I do her nails on setting 1 of 10.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 5/10/2010, 10:58 am

ETA--I just found one being marketed on Amazon as a "pet grooming" Dremel, and it's a bit stronger and takes AA batteries, so I'm going to try that...but still would like to hear what you all use.

Is it orange in color? If so, we have it & it blazes thru those batteries in no time flat. I got tired of replacing the batteries all of the time so I went out and bought a regular rechargeable one at Walmart & it works much better.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 5/10/2010, 11:13 am

I have the Dremel 4.8V rechargable and I love it. No problems, but then I only have one pug. I bought it at Walmart a couple years ago, I think it was about $30 or so.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 5/10/2010, 6:01 pm

PugLady3 wrote:ETA--I just found one being marketed on Amazon as a "pet grooming" Dremel, and it's a bit stronger and takes AA batteries, so I'm going to try that...but still would like to hear what you all use.

Is it orange in color? If so, we have it & it blazes thru those batteries in no time flat. I got tired of replacing the batteries all of the time so I went out and bought a regular rechargeable one at Walmart & it works much better.

Yep--drat. I sort of suspected it would eat batteries, but...

sallyandtilly wrote:I have the Dremel 4.8V rechargable and I love it. No problems, but then I only have one pug. I bought it at Walmart a couple years ago, I think it was about $30 or so.

That's the one I have, and now that it's not holding a charge (again--it could be the charger, Amber, but it's way past warranty now for them to do anything about it, I'm sure)....

I should have been more patient! DREMEL Icon_lol
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down