Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bland Diet-How long?

5 posters

Go down

Bland Diet-How long? Empty Bland Diet-How long?

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 5/14/2010, 9:14 am

Mac has had diarrhea the last couple days so tonight it will be chicken and rice for dinner. How long should I continue this-until his poops return to normal? What is a normal amount of time this should take before I would need to take him in to the vet and have him checked?
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Bland Diet-How long? Empty Re: Bland Diet-How long?

Post  PugLady3 5/14/2010, 10:04 am

We usually do it for a couple of days & things typically get back to normal within that time frame. Hope he's feeling better real soon! Bland Diet-How long? 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 5/14/2010, 12:24 pm

I would say one to two days. It doesn't happen often at my house, but when it does, we do the same as you, rice and a bland protien. But, I also give pumpkin too, because I think the fiber is helpful.

Any other symptoms?
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 5/14/2010, 12:41 pm

Renee wrote:
Any other symptoms?

Nope, he's naughty as ever. Bland Diet-How long? Icon_lol Running, playing, tormenting his sister as usual. No vomiting or hesitation to eat either.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 5/14/2010, 12:51 pm

Well, if he's acting himself, then I would just stick with the diet for a day or two. It scares me more when they act different.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/14/2010, 6:51 pm

Penny gets chicken and rice and pumpkin until her poos are formed again. If it ever lasted longer than a couple of days, I would take her to her dogtor. Hugs to Mr. Mac.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 5/14/2010, 10:21 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:Penny gets chicken and rice and pumpkin until her poos are formed again. If it ever lasted longer than a couple of days, I would take her to her dogtor. Hugs to Mr. Mac.
Yep, that's what I was going to say too. I hope things firm up soon!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down