Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skeeter's eye....Update

+5
TxAllieGrl
smoochieface
Aussie Witch
Not Afraid
Renee
9 posters

Go down

Skeeter's eye....Update Empty Skeeter's eye....Update

Post  Renee 6/22/2010, 11:24 pm

Okay, I'm hoping some eye experts will chime in here.

Skeeter appears to have a cold in his eye, like pink eye or something. He is not in pain, let's me check out his eye, and he is not squinting at all, however, the white of the eye is looking red, and it is oozing a yellow mucous. The other eye is just fine. No other pugs in the house have the symptom. When I looked at his eye, I could not see anything like a scratch...although, my eye sight isn't great either!

So, I've been wiping the eye, and I'll give the vet a call tomorrow...but, in the mean time, any advice?

Edit to add update: Skeeter's eye is fine, no sign of trauma. We're just going to watch it, and see if it gets better. Likely just an allergy or some irritation got in there. Poor guy! And, while we were at the vets, we got his nails clipped, so now he is truamatized.

And, WOOT WOOT, he has dropped a pound. [img]http://www.pugauthority.com/users/1114/42/02/13/smiles/335895.gif[/img]

Last edited by Renee on 6/23/2010, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add update)
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Skeeter's eye....Update Empty Re: Skeeter's eye....Update

Post  Not Afraid 6/22/2010, 11:39 pm

Kimchi has had a mild eye infection on two different occasions recently. She had yellowish-green mucous in her eye. The vet gave me some antibiotic ointment and she was better in a day.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 6/23/2010, 12:11 am

Poor Skeeter! If he's not in pain tomorrow will be soon enough for the vet, in the mean time I would just be gentle washing the muck away with a cotton ball soaked in warm water. Hope all is okay!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 6/23/2010, 2:30 am

I wish I had some useful advice, but I don't. Whenever we see something wrong with an eye we basically just panic until we can get into the vet. Hope the vet can give you some answers and that Skeeter feels better soon.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/23/2010, 10:40 am

hopefully Skeeter is fine! please keep us posted (no advice.....)

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 6/23/2010, 11:17 am

If could just be a soft tissue infection, for which the vet will give you drops. It is a good thing you are taking him in. Sometimes they get a scratch on the eyeball and we don't see it at all until the vet stains the eye.

Hugs to Skeeter from me! Skeeter's eye....Update 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 6/23/2010, 1:37 pm

Okay, no change. Eye is still a little red, still has some yellow mucous...so, off to the vet we go here in about 30 minutes.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 6/23/2010, 1:38 pm

Renee wrote:Okay, no change. Eye is still a little red, still has some yellow mucous...so, off to the vet we go here in about 30 minutes.
Good luck!!
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  PhoebesMommy 6/23/2010, 5:42 pm

I hope Skeeter is ok!
PhoebesMommy
PhoebesMommy

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/23/2010, 5:54 pm

Glad to hear there's no trauma to the eye. We had a similar issue with Lucy a couple months ago when the pollen first popped out in full force. No squinting, etc. Just goopiness. I kept it wiped off a couple times a day with a cool, damp cloth for a few days and it cleared up without a problem.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down