Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wendi and her icky, yucky eye

4 posters

Go down

Wendi and her icky, yucky eye Empty Wendi and her icky, yucky eye

Post  monkeypigs4eva 11/27/2011, 10:17 pm

We just got back from the vet (yep, a vet that is open 7 days per week!) and Wendi certainly does need that eye removed. And numerous teeth removed. Poor little thing is going to be sore all over her head on Tuesday.

Any words of wisdom for recovery? What should I expect? I drop her off Tuesday at 7am and pick her up Wednesday.

Thank you in advance for an advice you all can give. What would I do without you? Wendi and her icky, yucky eye 27965
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Wendi and her icky, yucky eye Empty Re: Wendi and her icky, yucky eye

Post  Aussie Witch 11/28/2011, 7:07 am

Poor sweet girl! Just make sure she comes home with lots of pain meds, Kim. She'll just need somewhere quiet like a covered crate with a very comfy bed. And your loving care and snuggles. Hope it all goes smoothly!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 11/28/2011, 10:43 am

Yep, I agree with Rona. Pain meds and love! She'll probably feel tons better once she's recovered and that yucky eye and awful teeth are out. She's blind already so no big adjustment there and removing the eye can only bring comfort. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts. Wendi and her icky, yucky eye 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Wendi and her icky, yucky eye Empty Update

Post  monkeypigs4eva 11/28/2011, 11:40 am

Thanks all. Wendi's surgery has been postponed one week, due to rescue budget restraints. This makes me want to cry, since it obviously hurts her SO much. But on another hand, I am sort of glad because I am in the midst of one of the worst arthritis flare ups I've had in about 10 years, and I was pretty scared to drive her the 30 minutes to the vet by myself.

So...next Tuesday, Wendi will get her surgery and be on the road to recovery. For now, she can just get used to us, the house, etc.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 11/29/2011, 5:43 pm

Oh, Kim, I'm so sorry that your RA is flaring (sounds more like it's blowing up). Sending good thoughts and prayers for you and for little Wendi.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 11/29/2011, 6:11 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:Oh, Kim, I'm so sorry that your RA is flaring (sounds more like it's blowing up). Sending good thoughts and prayers for you and for little Wendi.

Flare up is too pretty a term for it. Exploding is a better word. Ne and Wendi, in pain together. Must be fate, and a bonding experience for us.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 11/29/2011, 6:33 pm

monkeypigs4eva wrote:
Pugsaunt wrote:Oh, Kim, I'm so sorry that your RA is flaring (sounds more like it's blowing up). Sending good thoughts and prayers for you and for little Wendi.
Flare up is too pretty a term for it. Exploding is a better word. Ne and Wendi, in pain together. Must be fate, and a bonding experience for us.
Sounds more like something you both would gladly skip. All I have is osteoarthritis, and it bites.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 11/29/2011, 6:37 pm

I can't speak for Wendi, but I'm sure we would both rather be at Canyon Ranch or something.
Crying or Very sad

Pugsaunt wrote:
monkeypigs4eva wrote:
Sounds more like something you both would gladly skip. All I have is osteoarthritis, and it bites.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down