Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor Wendi Does Her Own Dental

4 posters

Go down

Poor Wendi Does Her Own Dental Empty Poor Wendi Does Her Own Dental

Post  monkeypigs4eva 11/29/2011, 3:08 pm

She has had a rough night/day. Luckily I'm really messed up with the RA so I'm up with her all the time Very Happy

She was banging her head again last night on the right hand side. It is horrible to see but she won't stop. The vet said it is the pain from the eye and the ear and the mouth--all infected. Well, between that and the pacing and panting, I knew she was in bad pain. Next thing I know, her tooth falls out!! POOR BABY! She coughed and it literally fell out. Then she finally slept.

She despises the crate. The vet said she has CALLOUSES from being kept in a wire crate too long. You can see them here: Poor Wendi Does Her Own Dental 386703_309441722400228_100000032091750_1270129_1744195120_n
That pisses me off royally. So we need toget her used to being crated for short periods. Still trying to work out her sleeping arrangements.

I wish we could have done the surgery today but the money just wasn't in APARN's budget til next week. Luckily I have some leftover pain meds from Angus that I can give her, with the vet's blessing. She said to keep her as comfortable as possible until next Tuesday.

And still, she is sweet and lovable. Aren't dogs amazing???

Last edited by monkeypigs4eva on 11/29/2011, 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Poor Wendi Does Her Own Dental Empty Re: Poor Wendi Does Her Own Dental

Post  Renee 11/29/2011, 3:18 pm

Dogs are amazing... and, so are you Kim!

Give her the pain meds, keep her comfortable, and pray for next week. Would the vet be willing to do the surgery now, and get payment next week? Thank goodness we have a vet that allows us to make payments!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 11/29/2011, 3:23 pm

Renee wrote:Dogs are amazing... and, so are you Kim!

Give her the pain meds, keep her comfortable, and pray for next week. Would the vet be willing to do the surgery now, and get payment next week? Thank goodness we have a vet that allows us to make payments!

Unfortunately there is a deal in place with this vet, the only one is Tucson that gives APARN an allowance, and since this surgery is between 1600-2500, we have to wait. Plus I think the specific surgeon only works on certain days and she is VERY good.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dayna 11/29/2011, 3:54 pm

Shes one tough cookie. Hopefully she will be on her way to much better very soon. And YOU too!
Dayna
Dayna

Number of posts : 1600

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 11/29/2011, 5:29 pm

Wow. That is one tough puggie girl. Kim, you are the best.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down