Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats and Wendi

+2
Mel
monkeypigs4eva
6 posters

Go down

Cats and Wendi Empty Cats and Wendi

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/22/2011, 2:05 pm

There is some interest in Wendi from a previous adopter with a blind pug and a couple of cats.

Luckily, my sister has four well behaved cats who are used to dogs and we are going to test Wendi out tonight. Of course I will watch out for scratches but since she only has one tiny eye and my sister's cats have their claws but are not "swipers" or "scratchers" as they have lived with dogs their whole lives and know that it brings trouble upon them rofl , I am not too concerned with scratches. I am more concerned with how to react or act when they are meeting. Do I just let it all happen organically??

Here I go, over-thinking again. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Any words of wisdom??
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Cats and Wendi Empty Re: Cats and Wendi

Post  Mel 12/22/2011, 2:50 pm

Don't have any wise words. Just sending plenty of good vibes. Good luck! Cats and Wendi 870651853 Cats and Wendi 870651853
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 12/22/2011, 3:16 pm

I would allow the cats to approach her and in their own time. Maybe a baby gate with enough space under it for the cats to go under, but not a pug. I brought home a kitten once and mine were interested, but not agressive at all. If they got too personal the kitten hissed and that scared my crew!
Wendi may not even see them and unless she smells them she may not react. I know that blind Gus wouldn't even know if there was a cat in the house unless he actually ran into it.... Shocked
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Cats and Wendi Empty UPDATE!

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/23/2011, 12:29 am

Guess what? Wendi couldn't care less about cats. What a surprise. Though she did pee in my brother in law's studio ashamed whoops. No biggie, my sis didn't mind.

Here is proof:
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 12/23/2011, 10:49 am

Glad to hear that the visit with the cats went well! Does this mean that Wendi may be getting adopted soon?
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/23/2011, 11:21 am

There is some interest but nothing solid. I am glad she gets on with cats as that is just one more quality that make her more adoptable.

P.s. Joe is a little sad. I think he wants to keep her but it just isn't in the cards right now. I want to foster at least three pugs before we adopt--I have an idea about giving back to APARN for helping us when we needed it--now it is our turn.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 12/23/2011, 12:43 pm

I have 2 cats and Julian just wants to play with them....I am sure it is different with a grown pug, although, from the video it looked like Wendi really didn't mind. Good Luck!
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 12/23/2011, 5:10 pm

I'm not surprised that she isn't interested in cats. Though I would love to see Wendi stay with you, it does sound like a good furever home for her. Fingers crossed for Wendi!Cats and Wendi 1287372947 Cats and Wendi 1287372947 Cats and Wendi 1287372947
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down