Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm getting a foster

+8
northernwitch
Newsie96
papaspugs
Brenda
Aussie Witch
smoochieface
Maryjo
lola's mom
12 posters

Go down

I'm getting a foster Empty I'm getting a foster

Post  lola's mom 5/27/2009, 1:54 pm

I don't have many details yet but I think he is a 1 year old puggle. The woman said he is a pug with a long nose and a screamer that hates to be left alone. That has puggle written all over it to me. He sounds like a sweetheart that just wants to be loved. I am picking him up sometime this week so I will keep you posted.

I don't have his story because this woman got him from a situation where he was left out all day and she reached out to us. I think she takes dogs in and then calls the rescues.

I am curious, are other rescues getting as many puggles as us? We have had 3 or 4 in such a short time.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

I'm getting a foster Empty Re: I'm getting a foster

Post  Maryjo 5/27/2009, 2:54 pm

I've heard a lot of rescues are getting puggles. Vickie, the gal who runs our rescue, took one in, kept him for agility, and he's doing great, but he has his 'snappy' moments. Sigh... I've heard that is previlent amongst puggles. Has anyone else heard this?
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 5/27/2009, 3:56 pm

The pug rescue in Orange County has a ton of puggles and keep getting calls for more puggles. They are SO hard to adopt out here. I think there are a lot here because there is a particular pet store chain in our area in two of the more "upscale" malls that sold a ton of puggles during the designer dog boom. I hate them so much!

Good luck with everything. Bless your heart for taking a screamer, too. I've noticed with the puggles that if you are lucky, they are more pug-like and only slightly annoying. Some, however, are more beagle-like and have that ear piercing beagle bark. Fingers crossed that your guy isn't like that.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 5/27/2009, 4:02 pm

Poor little guy. I hope he gets a home soon. I have a feeling there are SO MANY Puggles about to hit rescues...... Crying or Very sad
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 5/27/2009, 4:24 pm

Good for you for offering to take one in! Puggles can be a handful. We are getting a lot of mixes, puggles included.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 5/27/2009, 8:26 pm

You can come rescue the one that lives next door to me! LOL! Don't get me wrong, I like my neighbors, but it just kills me to think that they probably bought Puggles (not her name, but that is what DH & I call her) instead of going to the shelter where there are probably 4-5 right now. I didn't ask them when she showed up around Christmas. She is a barker though.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 5/27/2009, 8:28 pm

Oops, I have seen pugs that have come into rescue that people say they are mix, but they are just poorly breed pugs. They are all pug, well who knows, but they are just leggy and have a longer muzzle. Good luck with your foster! And remember, there are no bad dogs, just bad owners-that is a reminder for myself not you!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 5/28/2009, 10:51 am

I am picking him up at 12p tomorrow. He sounds like such a sweetheart. This woman had him neutered and got him all up to date on his vaccines.
She said all he wants to do is sit on her lap all day. awwwww. Logan is going to have some competition in the lap department. hahhaa.
He is a humper but I know Lola will put him right in his place the second he tries that on her.
I'll make sure to take some photo's and update you tomorrow.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 5/28/2009, 10:54 am

They do seem harder to adopt out. I know there are a few in our rescue (same as Kerrie's) that have been in our care for at least a few weeks. It's sad. People have no idea what they are getting themselves into.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/28/2009, 7:44 pm

Interestingly, we don't see alot of puggles in our rescue, but we are drowning in Jack Russell/Pug crosses.

Unfortunately, for the puggles, they get surrendered for biting up here. Not sure what's going on with that, but it pretty much guarantees they'll be euthanized.

The other mix we see alot that is surrendered for biting are boston/pug crosses. You'd think that if a pug mix is going to be a biter it would be the JRT/pug crosses, but so far, that's not been the case.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 5/29/2009, 1:26 pm

I wonder why the pug/bostons are prone to biting. I have to admit, I saw two "bugs" recently as a rescue event I was doing and I thought they were very cute. They were so sweet. Not that I'd never get a designer dog, but they were really nice girls.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 5/29/2009, 2:02 pm

Stewie is here and he is not a puggle. He looks all pug with the exception of having a long nose. He is such a love and cuddler. He plays with Logan and is in love with Logan...hump hump hump hump. hahahaa. He listens very well when I tell him off so that is good. I have to say Logan is being an instigator so I don't blame Stewie for humping. He is fine then Logan has to get him going. He is marking so he is now with a belly band wrapped around him. I was told he has extreme separation anxiety when left all alone but fine if there are other animals around. I tested him and not a peep when I stepped outside for a few minutes.
As you can guess - Lola is sitting on her bed with a scowl on her pretty little face. Stewie will not go near her. He tried getting a little too close once and learned. I'll post some pics later. I haven't taken any just yet.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 5/29/2009, 3:17 pm

Can't wait to see this guy Kerrie.

Poor Queen Lola, subjected to the commoners...

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 5/29/2009, 5:18 pm

Can't wait to see pictures of Stewie. I am in love with his name!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 5/29/2009, 6:36 pm

Add me to the waiting for pics list! Very Happy
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 5/29/2009, 8:06 pm

Ok. Picture time! So tell me - is he a pug/Jack Russell mix? Someone in the park with his JRT mentioned that he might be that mix. I googled it and can totally see it. Blanche - maybe you can shed some light.

Meet Stewie with the heart on his nose!
I'm getting a foster CTPR-05-1

I'm getting a foster CTPR-07-1

I'm getting a foster CTPR-09-1

I'm getting a foster CTPR-10-1

He is such a sweet boy and loves to be held.
I'm getting a foster CTPR-02-1

I'm getting a foster CTPR-03-1

I'm getting a foster CTPR-04-1

He is very well behaved and very laid back. Loves the dog park and all the other dogs. He runs and plays with them unlike my two lazy arses.
He's not one bit nervous and settled right in.

I'm getting a foster CTPR-07

I'm getting a foster CTPR-08

I'm getting a foster CTPR-09
lola's mom
lola's mom

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 5/29/2009, 8:14 pm

A few more.
This has finally stopped a bit. He recently got neutered so I think once his hormones settle he'll be fine.

I'm getting a foster CTPR-04

Just look at Lola's face.
I'm getting a foster CTPR-05

I'm getting a foster CTPR-06

Queen of the park.
I'm getting a foster CTPR-01

I'm getting a foster CTPR-02

Could she be any more bitchy. hahahaa.
I'm getting a foster CTPR-11

And one of Logan.
I'm getting a foster CTPR-06-1
lola's mom
lola's mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 5/29/2009, 8:22 pm

He looks pure pug, with a longer nose, to me. Most pug mixes don't have that curly tail. He is adorable! I want him! hug dog

My sweet Dino (one of my first rescues) had a longer nose, but was all pug:

I'm getting a foster Dino13
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/29/2009, 9:46 pm

Well, if he is a mix, I'd say JRT/Pug--go take a gander at our mixes, Kerrie--www.pugalug.com--Dave is a mix of JRT/Pug--he's 3/4 Pug and 1/4 JRT or so says his paperwork. He could also just be a badly bred pug. If you go to our Happy Tails you'll see Jake who was supposedly a JRT/Pug and Vincent who was also a JRT/Pug, but I always thought he was a puggle.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 5/29/2009, 11:52 pm

He's a handsome boy no matter what breeds he might be. I'm glad that he is a good boy too.
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 5/30/2009, 5:38 am

Old terrier lady here. I agree with Blanche that if he's a mix, he's probably a JRT/pug mix. But as Maryjo says - and you guys all know far more about pugs than I do - he could equally be a long-nosed pug.
But whatever his parentage, he's certainly very cute!

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 5/30/2009, 5:57 am

I have to say his personality is allllll pug.
We had a great night. I am happy at how quickly he settled in. I had all three pugs attached to me like glue in bed. Stewie wrapped himself around the covers and slept the whole night. It really makes my heart melt at the love he has to give. He is going to makes someone extremely happy. I am bringing him to the Curlytail pug meet-up tomorrow in NYC.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down