Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter

+2
Aussie Witch
PinkLotus
6 posters

Go down

Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter Empty Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter

Post  PinkLotus 7/29/2010, 11:52 am

I ran across this guy on petfinder. Can anyone help him? They said he has kennel cough right now.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16970495?rvp=1
I would go get him myself but I am afraid of exposing my crew, I don't know much about kennel cough...
Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter KY63.16970495-1-pn
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter Empty Re: Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter

Post  Aussie Witch 7/29/2010, 2:05 pm

Can you contact Kentuckiana Pug Rescue? Poor little guy!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter Empty Re: Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter

Post  PinkLotus 7/29/2010, 4:43 pm

I was trying to think of the name of that rescue! I will try to get his info to them! Thanks Rona!
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  PinkLotus 7/29/2010, 4:45 pm

Darn, on their website it says they are closed to incoming pugs. :(
On the up side, when I called the shelter, they said he is a wonderful little guy and is in no danger of "running out of time".
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 7/29/2010, 4:57 pm

PinkLotus wrote:Darn, on their website it says they are closed to incoming pugs. :(
On the up side, when I called the shelter, they said he is a wonderful little guy and is in no danger of "running out of time".

I would contact them anyway. They might can work to get him into another rescue.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  PinkLotus 7/29/2010, 4:58 pm

Okay, I e-mailed Music City pug rescue to see if maybe they can help.
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/29/2010, 5:02 pm

PinkLotus wrote:Okay, I e-mailed Music City pug rescue to see if maybe they can help.

I think I heard that Music City is closed - not just closed to incoming pugs, but closed.

You may want to reach out to Kentuckiana anyway. Or NIPRA - sometimes they can help if Kentuckiana can't.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  PinkLotus 7/29/2010, 5:06 pm

Oh wow, okay, I will contact Kentuckiana and NIPRA and see if they can do anything. I wish I had somewhere to quarantine him but sadly I don't. That poor face is calling to the huge hole left by Oso's passing.
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 7/29/2010, 5:29 pm

Unfortunately, we've got a waiting list for pugs to come in. All of our available foster homes are full. Definitely get in touch with Kentuckiana. Hopefully they can help.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/29/2010, 5:45 pm

PinkLotus wrote:Oh wow, okay, I will contact Kentuckiana and NIPRA and see if they can do anything. I wish I had somewhere to quarantine him but sadly I don't. That poor face is calling to the huge hole left by Oso's passing.

Kennel cough is not that bad of an issue. In fact, he might not even have it, and if he does, by now he is probably past the contagious part.

Since he is calling to you, Mel, I suggest springing him and taking him straight to your vet for a check-up and not even bringing him home imediately until that is done. They can keep him if he needs neutered. you'll be glad you did.

Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PinkLotus 7/29/2010, 5:48 pm

MJ, you are a horrible enabler! I am thinking hard about it.
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/29/2010, 5:53 pm

PinkLotus wrote:MJ, you are a horrible enabler! I am thinking hard about it.

I am a GREAT enabler, not a horrible one. *LMAO*

do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it,
Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter 505530
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  PinkLotus 7/29/2010, 6:01 pm

LOL MJ! If he is still available tomorrow, I might go "look" at him. Wink That face is killing me.
Reading more about kennel cough, I see it likened to a chest cold in humans so not as bad as I was thinking it was.
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/29/2010, 6:04 pm

PinkLotus wrote:LOL MJ! If he is still available tomorrow, I might go "look" at him. Wink That face is killing me.
Reading more about kennel cough, I see it likened to a chest cold in humans so not as bad as I was thinking it was.

Because we're out in public so much, my gang goes thru kennel cough once in awhile. And as long as they are healthy to begin with, I don't worry about it.

What is meant to be is meant to be... if he is still there tomorrow.. it is meant to be! *evil grin*

Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter 609723
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 7/29/2010, 7:16 pm

Mel, the universe might just be aligning to team you two up...... He could go straight to the vets until you were 100% sure he wasn't contagious. Pug in Hopkinsville Ky animal shelter 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  PinkLotus 7/30/2010, 12:56 pm

Wasn't meant to be, he has been adopted. Thanks for your help everyone!
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/30/2010, 1:19 pm

PinkLotus wrote:Wasn't meant to be, he has been adopted. Thanks for your help everyone!

Awww... Well hopefully he got a wonderful home! (((hugs, Mel)))
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down