Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a bad mama - Grace's itchies are back

+6
Javalita
leslyeb
MommaJones
TxAllieGrl
sallyandtilly
dieselsmom
10 posters

Go down

I'm a bad mama - Grace's itchies are back Empty I'm a bad mama - Grace's itchies are back

Post  dieselsmom 5/28/2009, 10:24 pm

and it's all my fault. We were doing so good - finally had Grace's itchies under control - had her skin cleared up nicely thanks go being back on Addiction Wild Kangaroo and Apples and her wonderful groomer's hot oil treatments. She was getting hot oil treatments regularly every six weeks for over a year. I think the combination of good food and hot oil treatments really helped get her skin moisturized and keep it that way. She hasn't had a hot oil treatment since February. I figured since we had her under control she wouldn't need them as regularly.

Wrong!!! On top of that, K-9 Cuisine - the website where I order her food from - ran out of it for about a month, which meant I ran out of her food. I switched her to Kayla's Fromm Duck and Sweet Potato and it has just ravaged her coat. She's got dry patches on her sides and her tummy is flared up and she's just all over itchy!

Bad, bad mama. So I've finally got her Addiction food again for her (and will be sure to stock up on it so I don't have to worry about running out in the future) and she's headed to the groomer's on Saturday morning for her hot oil treatment. I feel terrible that I've let this happen - we worked so hard to get her skin and coat in a good condition. I just hope it gets back in good shape again soon because it breaks my heart watching her itch like crazy.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

I'm a bad mama - Grace's itchies are back Empty Re: I'm a bad mama - Grace's itchies are back

Post  sallyandtilly 5/28/2009, 10:40 pm

Don't beat yourself up too badly. Tilly's allergies act up in the Spring more than any other time. Maybe the food is just partly responsible.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

I'm a bad mama - Grace's itchies are back Empty Re: I'm a bad mama - Grace's itchies are back

Post  TxAllieGrl 5/28/2009, 10:46 pm

I agree - this season has been really tough on allergies. Angel got the hot spots for the first time in 4 years.

It happens..and Gracie will be in tip top shape again in no time.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 5/28/2009, 10:49 pm

I bet she'll feel better after her hot oil treatment. As has been said, don't beat yourself up. You're doing your best for her, and it has been a rough allergy season all the way around.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 5/29/2009, 11:58 pm

Sorry to hear that she had some skin issues. Since I have to order Chyna's food as well, I always make sure that I order it way in advance so I don't come close to running out. They were once out of the Brushtail for a couple of weeks due to shipping problems.
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 5/30/2009, 9:45 am

There is nothing worse then watching them suffer. The food wasn't your fault and anyone would have thought the same thing about the hot oil treatments. Now you know about that. She'll be better soon I'm sure.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 5/30/2009, 10:10 am

I agree with everyone else. Don't beat yourself up! Allergies are awful right now. Mine are out of control and Nell, even on her steroid, is itchy. I've never heard of the hot oil treatments for dogs. I'll have to look into that!
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 5/30/2009, 11:51 am

Sympathy coming from across the pond. Allergies are awful here, too, both mine and Hattie's. A bad time of year, this, for those of us with allergy problems. Not fun. 🇳🇴

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 5/30/2009, 12:20 pm

Poor Gracie, she has a good mommie who is looking out after her! She'll be looking as good as ever soon!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 5/30/2009, 1:48 pm

Grace went to the groomer's this morning and had her hot oil treatment and she's now 100% back on her Addiction food so I"m hoping we'll get the itchies back under control. We'll just have to stay on top of her hot oil treatments on a regular basis now.

Amanda, Pet Edge is actually where my groomer gets her hot oil treatment from. I believe it's either a two or three step process. And it's amazing how much moisture it puts back into her skin and helps keep her moisturized. It's such a blessing for her.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 5/30/2009, 2:16 pm

dieselsmom wrote:

Amanda, Pet Edge is actually where my groomer gets her hot oil treatment from. I believe it's either a two or three step process. And it's amazing how much moisture it puts back into her skin and helps keep her moisturized. It's such a blessing for her.
I just saw that! I was searching around to see what I could find after I read your post. Maybe I'll give it a try.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 5/30/2009, 3:06 pm

Dora's been itchy too so I agree with everyone else - this season has been bad! My food store seems to have finally gotten the message that the food we feed the big dogs is popular so they need to order more - I was having to switch them every month and I hated that. They haven't ever been out of Dora's food ***Knock on Wood*** - she's allergic to everything and I've only found one food she tolerates well.
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down