Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I drugged BEAR!!!!

+5
Dboardman
DappleDoxieStaff
Aussie Witch
TxAllieGrl
Dayna
9 posters

Go down

I drugged BEAR!!!! Empty I drugged BEAR!!!!

Post  Dayna 8/27/2010, 8:07 pm

So Bear has been having big time issues with all these thunderstorms we've been having. The poor Monkey practically crawls into my pocket when a storm rolls thru. So I got some Pet Calm which was recommended to me. A storm was rolling thru this afternoon so I gave him 1 dropper full. The instructions say up to 2 so I figured a half dose would be best to see how he reacts to it. Well hes fighting the heavy eyes right now and is looking at me like "what did you do to me mommy?" but he's relaxed and the storm seems to be passing. I feel bad for drugging my baby but he had to get some relief.
Dayna
Dayna

Number of posts : 1600

Back to top Go down

I drugged BEAR!!!! Empty Re: I drugged BEAR!!!!

Post  TxAllieGrl 8/27/2010, 8:57 pm

so he's really sensitive to it huh?

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 8/27/2010, 8:58 pm

Can I have some? Very Happy
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/27/2010, 9:32 pm

Awww poor baby. I used rescue remedy with Rupert once to see if it would help with his car sickness, I felt so bad watching him barely be able to keep his eye open, unfortunately it did not help.
I hope this helps Bear, it has to be awful to see them so anxious when a storm comes thru.

Back to top Go down

Post  DappleDoxieStaff 8/28/2010, 12:59 am

Dayna, i would not feel badly at all. Sometimes having help to process that the noise is not dangerous so beneficial.
Remington (the Catahoula) has gotten so much better over the years with a bit of benedryl at the first boom of an OK t'storm. He used to shake in terror to the point of vomiting ... now he has to be close to me, seeks reassurance, but he can stay in the front room with the family.
You gave Bear help, you did not drug him for no reason or your convenience.
DappleDoxieStaff
DappleDoxieStaff

Number of posts : 787

http://dappledoxiestaff.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dboardman 8/28/2010, 1:12 am

I need to try something like that. They built a minor league baseball stadium about a mile from my house. They do fireworks every friday night around 10 and Lola freaks out. Loud thunder gets to her too.
Dboardman
Dboardman

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/28/2010, 8:26 am

Dboardman wrote:I need to try something like that. They built a minor league baseball stadium about a mile from my house. They do fireworks every friday night around 10 and Lola freaks out. Loud thunder gets to her too.
Oh crap--that would have been a nightmare for my border collie cross.

Well, frankly, good for you, Dayna. I honestly believe the stress is much worse on them than the 'drugs'. And it's not like you went out and bought him some Percoset. Smart of you to start with a half dose, however......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dayna 8/28/2010, 8:46 am

Well its morning and the babies got me up at 750a. Bear seems great and is ready to eat. He was groggy and clingy last night but he was not trembling from the storm and pawing at me to get closer. He rested although he did fight it for a long time at first. The instructions said it lasts 4 - 6 hours and it seems to have lasted just over 6 hours for him. Guess he's like me in that we are lightweights when it comes to meds. He did sleep soundly thru the night too. So far so good. I'm just really glad it gave him some relief. I don't like seeing him so upset.
Dayna
Dayna

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 8/28/2010, 10:03 am

Dayna, it sounds like you've found a solution for Bear. Poor baby, a little nap is way better then terror. Good thinking to start with half a dose!
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Tocents 8/28/2010, 12:25 pm

Life can be tough and at times, it's better to experience it with a wee bit of something to take the edge off! I'm sure Bear was much happier and relaxed.

Now where can I get some for myself? Laughing
Tocents
Tocents

Number of posts : 512

Back to top Go down

Post  lindarpugma 8/28/2010, 1:24 pm

Dayna, I looked up Pet Calm and there are a few. What brand do you use?
lindarpugma
lindarpugma

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post  Dayna 8/28/2010, 7:16 pm

The kind I'm using is Richards Organics. It seemed to work really well. I thought we were going to have storms again tonight but so far we are cloud free.

Thanks everyone for the ecouragement. I felt awful giving him meds for it.
Dayna
Dayna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down