Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My pug is a bully..

2 posters

Go down

My pug is a bully.. Empty My pug is a bully..

Post  Guest 9/7/2010, 9:31 pm

Hello =) I am new to this forum and have recently become a pug lover even tho my husbands pug has been in our lives for almost 5 years. We had to move into my father's house because our landlord's house was getting foreclosed on. My dad has a bichon who is a week apart in age from Du (the bully) and a mini poodle (MJ) who is I think 3. MJ was top dog at my dad's until we moved in. Du is contantly picking fights with her which sucks because we have two other pugs that join in as Du is alpha of our little pug pack (we have 3) I don't know what to do about this because my dad is at the end of his rope with our dog beating up on his dog. Does anyone have any advice on how to curb our dog's bully behavior?

Back to top Go down

My pug is a bully.. Empty Re: My pug is a bully..

Post  Puggered 9/7/2010, 9:59 pm

Welcome!
Most times this situation is fixable. If you can consult a behaviourist to help all in your household learn how to manage a pack that would be best. We can give you some advice here to try, if you give us more information.

We need to know:
(a) how long since you came to live in your father's house?

(b) please tell us the gender, age, personality and whether or not they are speyed or entire for each dog

(c) please tell us the usual circumstances of a bully attack and which dog makes the first move

and (d) are all the humans in your household able to agree on a common response strategy when dealing with this?
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 9/7/2010, 10:07 pm

Oh! And I forgot to say ...it took you five years? lol Laughing

Edited 'cos my fingers are too fat for the keyboard!
Puggered
Puggered

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/7/2010, 10:13 pm

Ahaha yes, me and Du had a love hate relationship for the LONGEST time. I swear she would do deliberate things to piss me off because my husband is her person and she would get super jealous.

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 9/7/2010, 10:20 pm

Missjavagirl wrote:Ahaha yes, me and Du had a love hate relationship for the LONGEST time. I swear she would do deliberate things to piss me off because my husband is her person and she would get super jealous.

Well, thank heavens she has finally accepted you and your husband no longer has to choose between you two. Phew!

And Aha! You've answered my major question...so you probably have two females currently squabbling for pack leadership. Oh the joys of combining packs... More advice when the other answers come in and I get back from town LOL)
Puggered
Puggered

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 9/8/2010, 12:38 am

I couldn't tell by your post: Is everyone (dogs) spayed or neutered?

Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down