Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yoda is a bully !!!

4 posters

Go down

Yoda is a bully !!! Empty Yoda is a bully !!!

Post  Stazz 11/22/2010, 3:22 am

hair pull hair pull

This pug child of mine, my heart dog.....is driving me UP THE WALL, and to Drinking . HAHA.
At first, I thought he'd bite playfully at Leia because he wants to play, but I'm now thinking that he's actually bullying her! Is this just him being dominant? He actually pulls her ears and bites on her neck....not uber aggressively....but I don't like it, and neither does poor Leia. Pretty much 98% of the time, she just turns around in circles to avoid his pestering, but once or twice she's actually gone gremlin on him and chased him hahaha. I'm just not sure how to stop him from doing this !!!! scratch
Stazz
Stazz

Number of posts : 348

Back to top Go down

Yoda is a bully !!! Empty Re: Yoda is a bully !!!

Post  Saira 11/22/2010, 11:32 am

It sounds like she lets him know when it's enough. It's hard to tell sometimes if they are playing or bullying-Sophie and Indy bite at each other all the time, but it's how they try to get the other to play. The other one will either take the bait and play, or will let the other know to knock it off. Usually I just let them work it out, unless you think he is really hurting her. He might just be wanting to play and Leia doesn't want to!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 11/22/2010, 11:56 am

Juneau does this to Rosco! At first I was pretty distressed by it, thinking my perfect baby is a meany and a bully! It is exactly what Saira says...they worked it out. When Rosco has enough he will lunge at Juneau and growl. Juneau will retreat and find a ball to toss around. This is when I figured out that Juneau loves a blanket and a ball. Laughing
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 11/22/2010, 1:10 pm

Yep, good advice on them just working it out! Dogs will quickly establish a hierarchy and it's best not to interfere, unless it gets REALLY dangerous.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Stazz 11/23/2010, 12:12 am

Thanks lovely ladies.....you rock !!!!
Its really great to know that I'm not alone in this !!! sigh hehe.

Now that I know its pretty normal, I will leave them be....I just feel so sorry for Leia, she is half Yoda's size. Poor girl. But it can't be worse than her life before !!!
Stazz
Stazz

Number of posts : 348

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down