Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nature's recipe

+3
Sara
Tocents
TxAllieGrl
7 posters

Go down

Nature's recipe Empty Nature's recipe

Post  Guest 6/2/2009, 2:16 pm

Any experience with this brand? We wanted to get Sumo and Saff on a more natural food than Science Diet. We liked that it lists chicken as the very first ingredient, not chicken meal etc.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Back to top Go down

Nature's recipe Empty Re: Nature's recipe

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/2/2009, 2:39 pm

hey Dawn - I haven't used Nature's recipe with my gang.

For what it's worth, we're using Natural Balance, Venison & Sweet Potato formula right now.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Tocents 6/2/2009, 8:59 pm

Part of my gang gets Nature's Recipe and the rest get Natural Balance. We've been really happy with both. I like that Nature's Recipe is available in the huge bags as well.
Tocents
Tocents

Number of posts : 512

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 6/2/2009, 9:34 pm

Is that the one that has the "farmstand select" if so we have fed that to CP and she has done well on it, I have also fed Solid Gold with good success.

Orijen was good ingredient wise, but too much poo, LOL
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilos Mom 6/2/2009, 10:45 pm

We've used this with some of the rescues and have'nt had any problems. I've currently got everyone here on Eagle Pack Holistic Senior and I've got the smallest poops I've ever had and I've used a lot of kibble. Love it!!
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 6/2/2009, 11:46 pm

I haven't tried Nature's Recipe. I"ve had good luck with Natural Balance's regular formula in the Small Bites size.
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverHopper 6/4/2009, 11:07 pm

I have 2 pugs on RX food but the other 4 plus foster(s) get Nature's Recipe. Since none are pups, I ahve them all on seniors to keep their calories down. They are semi-active so keeping them on light/senior kind helps me manage their weight. My foster, Blue, currently is getting the farmstand select so he can put on weight. What I like best about it is that all of their bowels are consistant and firm. No problems with their bowels and they've been on it for a year. I've been very happy with it.
ForeverHopper
ForeverHopper

Number of posts : 301

http://www.centralfloridapugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  BDazzpugs 6/19/2009, 4:45 pm

I have always like Nature's Recipe, I think they make a great food. Mine love the Farm stand select. You might want to try the Natural Balance, they have one that is for puppy to adult and it is a good transition food when you have both puppies and adults in the house. Let me see if I can locate the link for you....

Ok here it is...
http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dogformulas/UltDog.html#Product

and they also make it in small bites!
BDazzpugs
BDazzpugs

Number of posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down