Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grant Writing

4 posters

Go down

Grant Writing Empty Grant Writing

Post  smoochieface 10/20/2010, 1:59 pm

Okay, rescues. I'm going to stick my neck out and see if this works. I will volunteer to write one grant for one rescue and see if this is something I might be able to do long term for more rescues. I've never done it, but I guess what's the harm in trying?

Because of my personal relationshp with Pugsavers and SNPR, if you guys know of a grant you'd like to apply for, forward me the information and I'll give it a tackle. You both have my email address.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Grant Writing Empty Re: Grant Writing

Post  Renee 10/20/2010, 2:02 pm

Kendie,

My understand is you will need to have all the rescue information to attach to the grant.

Copies of 501(c)(3) paperwork, copies of financial statements (if they have over a certain amount in annual donations). All contact information, etc.

Good luck.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to start getting grants for us! It is on my list to do. I have already sent off to the IRS for a copy of our determination letter, because our original was misplaced.

Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilos Mom 10/20/2010, 2:35 pm

We have a Volunteer who took a free grant writing class for us. We've received a grant from
Nylabone we receive a case every year for the rescues. Every Pug is given a bone in their foster box & it leaves with them when their adopted.

We did receive a grant for several years from Norvartis for Heartworm Preventative but they've cancelled their program for preventative.

We also ask every year from PetSmart for funds for our Spay/Neuter program. We've yet to receive funds but we still ask every year. We also ask for funds for "training" as well.

Yea to you Kendie!! That's wonderful of you to do for rescue!!
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 10/20/2010, 3:05 pm

Many, many moons ago, I did my share of grant writing for arts organizations. There are some great resources out there to help 501(c)3 organizations find grant givers who match their focus.

Here are a few off of the top of my rusty brain:

The Foundation Center

One OC (formerly the Volunteer Center of OC)

The Chronicle of Philanthropy

The Humane Society Resource Page

Network for Good

While I was never really all that great at grant writing (mostly because I really hate writing) I know a little bit about the ins and outs. I did end up being moderately successful at getting grants. I would be happy to work with anyone on this project. I just can't do the grant writing on my own (nor would you want me to!).
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down