Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orijen Changes

+2
northernwitch
MandyPug
6 posters

Go down

Orijen Changes Empty Orijen Changes

Post  MandyPug 10/22/2010, 7:26 pm

Okay okay... Before you all get your panties in a knot... It's GOOD change.

Currently all Orijen dog formulas are 70% meat, 30% vegetables and fruit and cat formulas are 75% meat and 25% fruit and vegetables.

They have just notified us retailers that they are changing the formulas to include more meat to the tune of 80% meat to 20% veggies and fruit.

Along with the change in the meat, the packaging will be changed to a more simple design that conveys information clearer. Weights will all stay the same though. Kibble shape, size, and colour is expected to change as well.

Unfortunately there will be a price increase of anywhere between $2-4 depending on the formula.

The changes are expected to hit distributors early November and appear on the shelves towards the end of November or beginning of December.

Any questions and such you can pm me your email and i can discuss them with you (i don't have a copy of the letter that is linkable, but i may be able to email it.)
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Orijen Changes Empty Re: Orijen Changes

Post  northernwitch 10/22/2010, 7:36 pm

Jeez, Amanda--I almost had a stroke. Good thing you put the fact that it was good news in the first sentence.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 10/22/2010, 11:02 pm

My first thought was "UH OH". I'm glad it is a good change. They are a really great company. Go Canada!
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 10/22/2010, 11:48 pm

Include me in the "Almost Plotzed" group. Penny is an Orijen poster child, good to know that we won't have to change.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  pugpillow 10/22/2010, 11:50 pm

The move to more meat is a good one, I think, and justifies the increased price. You might find that the labels show a higher percentage of protein - but remember that that's not a bad thing. Quality, not quantity.
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

Post  agilepug 10/23/2010, 10:34 am

Just as I was I thinking "here we go again"! Glad it's something good this time!
agilepug
agilepug

Number of posts : 148

http://www.westoverpugpack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 11/19/2010, 8:30 pm

So i got my first bags in of the 80.20 Adult formula, these are the ingredients:

"Boneless Chicken, Chicken Meal, Boneless Salmon, Turkey Meal, Herring Meal, Russet Potato, Peas, Sweet Potato, Boneless Turkey, Whole Eggs, Chicken Liver, Boneless Lake Whitefish, Boneless Walleye, Sun-Cured Alfalfa, Pea Fiber, Chicken Fat, Organic Kelp, Pumpkin, Chicory Root, Carrots, Spinach, Turnip Greens, Apples, Cranberries, Blueberries, Licorice Root, Angelica Root, Fenugreek, Marigold Flowers, Sweet Fennel, Peppermint Leaf, Chamomile, Dandelion, Summer Savory, Rosemary, Vitamins and stuff..."

Protein: 38%
Fat: 17%
Fiber: 3%
Calcium (Min/Max): 1.4%/1.6%
Phosphorus (Min/Max): 1.2%/1.4%

Calorie Content: 460 kcal/250mg cup
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content