Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orijen Dog food

5 posters

Go down

Orijen Dog food Empty Orijen Dog food

Post  LisaW 3/12/2011, 10:50 pm

Any one know anything about this food? It's made in Canada & it's been rated #1 for 2 yrs in a row. It's pricey here, which is ok, if it's good. The guy who does my pug's dental recommended it. He said the Evo I use leaves their teeth bad/coated. He has seen that in other dogs he does.
LisaW
LisaW

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Orijen Dog food Empty Re: Orijen Dog food

Post  PugLady3 3/12/2011, 10:58 pm

I don't know about the coating the teeth thing. I'm not sure why one kibble would supposedly do that more than another. Orijen is a very good food but it was too rich for my gang. We tried both the adult and the senior formulas. They both gave them horrible gas & loose stools. Now we're using Fromm's grain free surf & turf (for the ones who eat kibble) & they're doing very well on it.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 3/12/2011, 11:06 pm

Orijen is great, a lot of pugs do well on it. It's pricey but you'll be feeding very little of it... Usually around 1/3 cup per day.

If it's too rich, their sister food Acana makes 3 (soon to be 4) grain free formulas. Since you're feeding EVO though i don't forsee a problem.
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin 3/21/2011, 11:56 am

Hi Lisa

We have had our crew on the Orijen for the past 3 years now, they love it. We feed the fresh fish forumula, we are no longer having issues with Mavis and her allergies. We feed 1/4 cup am and pm for the pugs and Knuckles (BT) gets 1/2 am and pm.
Cost wise we pay $80.00 for a large bag and it lasts us a longtime.
I can't see us switching or feeding them anything but this food.
Erin
Erin

Number of posts : 697

Back to top Go down

Post  destanie101 3/24/2011, 10:15 pm

i found a place here that sells it {feed store actually} bought a "snack" size bag today for 4 dollars...going to see if Franklin likes it and how his tummy does on a bite or two. Price wasn't too horrible, less than 10 more than what I pay for Science Diet at Petco.
destanie101
destanie101

Number of posts : 303

https://www.facebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down