Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're getting 3 Pugs today...

+11
Saira
Javalita
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
PugLady3
H the P
sallyandtilly
Mel
Renee
SacramentoPugs
Miss Pit
Maryjo
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We're getting 3 Pugs today... Empty We're getting 3 Pugs today...

Post  Maryjo 12/14/2010, 5:59 pm

Vickie just picked up 3 pugs today. All three belonged to an elderly lady who had to move up from the lower 48 (due to health problems) and move in with her son.

The son's larger dogs keep attacking at least one of the pugs. The male pug recently had to be treated at the vet's for neck wounds. Since the pugs don't get along with the son's dogs, the pugs have to come into rescue. Sigh... Better than being hurt, but I really feel sorry for the elderly woman.

Pete, Sage & Emma Belle are their names. I am picking up Emma Belle tonight to foster, Reneé is getting Sage, and Vickie is keeping Pete for now to keep treating his wounds. He's still on antibiotics, etc.

I can hardly wait to meet them! I'll post pics as soon as I can. I have no idea of ages, but Vickie says she has their health records.

They're safe now. hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

We're getting 3 Pugs today... Empty Re: We're getting 3 Pugs today...

Post  Miss Pit 12/14/2010, 6:28 pm

I'm so glad your group is able to help the pug famliy Maryjo. I feel bad for their elderly mom.

Can't wait to see their pictures We're getting 3 Pugs today... 335895

Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 12/14/2010, 6:32 pm

That poor lady. Having pets can help a senior live a longer, healthier life. It's a shame she has to give them up.

Can't wait to see pics!
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/14/2010, 6:43 pm

I'm excited to be getting Sage this afternoon.

If Pete does not get along with Vickie's pugs (particularly Huckleberry), he may come to my house - at least while he is healing.

All I know about Sage is that she has some allergies and had/has stones. I am very interested to find out about her stones so I can make sure she gets the right diet and deal with the allergies too. hug dog

I feel bad for the elderly lady. Vickie said it was a tough surrender. The lady was crying and so broken up. I can't understand why her son would make her give up her pugs - but, she obviously loves them and wants to protect them.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/14/2010, 6:53 pm

Renee wrote:I'm excited to be getting Sage this afternoon.

What time do you think you'll be there, Reneé? I'll be there around 5 PM. I'd love to catch a picture of Sage before you take her home.

hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 12/14/2010, 6:54 pm

looking forward to seeing the pics of theses babies.
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 12/14/2010, 7:25 pm

That's a sad story as are most of the rescue stories. I sure hope they find a good home soon. Are they bonded to each other?
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/14/2010, 7:38 pm

sallyandtilly wrote:That's a sad story as are most of the rescue stories. I sure hope they find a good home soon. Are they bonded to each other?

Per their former owner, they are not bonded. So that should make it easier to get them adopted back out. It is always easier to find homes for them separately.

Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/14/2010, 7:40 pm

Maryjo wrote:
Renee wrote:I'm excited to be getting Sage this afternoon.

What time do you think you'll be there, Reneé? I'll be there around 5 PM. I'd love to catch a picture of Sage before you take her home.

hug dog

Sorry MaryJo - I'll be there before you get there! I promise, I will send pictures of her.
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

We're getting 3 Pugs today... Empty Meet Pirate Pete & Emma Belle!

Post  Maryjo 12/15/2010, 1:46 am

I went down to pick up one foster pug, and came back with two. *LOL*

Of the three, Vickie was going to keep Pete, but decided one of her pugs would be too aggressive toward him, so I get the honors. She usually takes in the females. Her pug likes them better.

I was sitting on the floor at the doggy daycare meeting Pirate Pete & Emma Belle. (We're calling them Pirate & Bella. I guess that was what the lady called them most of the time).
Anyway, I took a bad picture of them sniffing the Christmas tree that Vickie had up:
We're getting 3 Pugs today... Pe3611

Here is Pirate Pete. Isn't he handsome? You can see the neck wound in the second picture. It looks like a hot spot, but isn't. Today is his 5th birthday. What a present- sent to rescue. Sigh...
We're getting 3 Pugs today... Pe3618

The injury:
We're getting 3 Pugs today... Pe3628

Here is sweet Emma Belle (Bella). She will be 7 in January.
She wanted to keep exploring:
We're getting 3 Pugs today... Pe3621

Here she is in the bedroom:
We're getting 3 Pugs today... Pe3633

Of course, I tried to take about 10 pictures of Pirate Pete and Bella in my bedroom,
but who kept butting her little nose into my camera? You guessed it, Miss Chloe!
We're getting 3 Pugs today... Pe3631

Once they were here and settling in, we discovered they must have been fed a lot of table food. They begged from both Linda and me, and wouldn't leave the table as long as we had food on it. They are a tad fluffy, but they should get some weight off while they are here.

hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 12/15/2010, 8:12 am

That's a nasty looking bite on PP's neck, poor little chap.
I feel so sorry for their elderly owner having to give them up, even though she's doing the right thing for them before one or more of them gets seriously injured. She must be heartbroken to lose all three of her pugs.
Thank you MJ and Renee for taking them in. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 12/15/2010, 10:30 am

Those poor babies! What a horrible birthday present indeed. They are both gorgeous though & I'm sure that they're happy to be safe with the Alaska Pug Gang. Thanks for taking care of them while they find their new forever home!
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 12/15/2010, 10:35 am

I hope they all find wonderful homes, and that Pirate Pete heals up quickly. Thank you for helping them.

That pic with Chloe's face is too funny!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

We're getting 3 Pugs today... Empty Last night...

Post  Maryjo 12/15/2010, 10:36 am

Miss Belle slept on the bed with my others. She wanted under the blankets, but would fuss and fuss and not settle, so she had to sleep on top. Pirate Pete slept on a pile of blankets on the floor- his choice. Thank goodness! He's a big boy. *LOL*

hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 12/15/2010, 11:05 am

Glad you have them. Ugly wound, but I'm sure he'll be healthy in no time in your care! Poor little guys - not only losing their family in a single day, but also losing table food! Ouch!
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/15/2010, 12:45 pm

Here's a quick picture of Miss Sage.

We're getting 3 Pugs today... 155276_174006959289231_100000397830758_424929_3817727_n

We're getting 3 Pugs today... 154188_174006865955907_100000397830758_424928_3900247_n

When i get to work, i will edit and add some info about her.
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/15/2010, 12:54 pm

Sage is a cutie! hug dog I can see where the allergies need to be worked on. Reneé- you are good at that! She'll be feeling better in no time.

No hurry on the bio, Vickie doesn't wanted them listed just yet. Pete needs to get well, and so does Sage. Plus, I think she hates adopting out just before Christmas- too much stress for the dog.

Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/15/2010, 1:47 pm

So, Miss Sage is a little pug girl. Small, maybe 15 pounds. 2.5 years old.

As you can see from her pictures, she does have some allergies. Under her neck, there is no hair and she got multiple hot spots, one you can clearly see. Her arms underneath have no hair, and neither does her belly. The skin isn't black though, thank goodness!

From the vet records we got, we know she was spayed about 2 months ago, and at that time they removed a stone. No idea what kind of stone. We left a message with the vet to find out, as I will want to change her diet accordingly. I am sure her owner did the best she could.... but, these poor babies were eating Kibbles N Bits. Even after the stone surgery!!! I told Sage she would never eat that censored again.

I let her sleep in the bed with me, and she did okay most of the night. Up earlier than my gang.. but, she's young, so I would expect that. She pretty mellow for a young pug though, which I am grateful for.
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 12/15/2010, 1:48 pm

Renee wrote:So, Miss Sage is a little pug girl. Small, maybe 15 pounds. 2.5 years old.

As you can see from her pictures, she does have some allergies. Under her neck, there is no hair and she got multiple hot spots, one you can clearly see. Her arms underneath have no hair, and neither does her belly. The skin isn't black though, thank goodness!

From the vet records we got, we know she was spayed about 2 months ago, and at that time they removed a stone. No idea what kind of stone. We left a message with the vet to find out, as I will want to change her diet accordingly. I am sure her owner did the best she could.... but, these poor babies were eating Kibbles N Bits. Even after the stone surgery!!! I told Sage she would never eat that censored again.

I let her sleep in the bed with me, and she did okay most of the night. Up earlier than my gang.. but, she's young, so I would expect that. She pretty mellow for a young pug though, which I am grateful for.

She's cute! I bet with better food her allergies start clearing up too. All 3 of them are super cute.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 12/15/2010, 2:02 pm

Chloe knows that her fsoter mommy wants to see picks of her, no mater what she must do to get them for me!!!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/15/2010, 2:17 pm

TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:Chloe knows that her foster mommy wants to see picks of her, no matter what she must do to get them for me!!!

*LOL* I'll get you some new pics soon, Marci!

hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 12/15/2010, 2:44 pm

What a sad story! Makes me want to go home and tell my sons that if they ever treat me and my dogs with such little regard when I am a little old lady that I will kick their asses and make their life hell.

Renee and MJ - you are awesome!!!

Sage is adorable! They all are! Give snuggles from aunt Tarrington!
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 12/15/2010, 4:19 pm

Oh that's so sad for the lady! How heartbreaking. I'm glad you guys can step in and help. At least she'll know they will have wonderful homes.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/15/2010, 4:29 pm

juneau hunter wrote:What a sad story! Makes me want to go home and tell my sons that if they ever treat me and my dogs with such little regard when I am a little old lady that I will kick their asses and make their life hell.

This is so true. It really, really bothers me that this elderly lady was not only forced to move in with her son due to medical, but then she had to give up her beloved dogs. I just cannot imagine how upset she is. I would think her health is not going to improve with such an emotional blow.
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 12/16/2010, 6:49 am

Renee (16/12/2010, 7:29 am) wrote:
juneau hunter wrote:What a sad story! Makes me want to go home and tell my sons that if they ever treat me and my dogs with such little regard when I am a little old lady that I will kick their asses and make their life hell.

This is so true. It really, really bothers me that this elderly lady was not only forced to move in with her son due to medical, but then she had to give up her beloved dogs. I just cannot imagine how upset she is. I would think her health is not going to improve with such an emotional blow.

What do you do in circumstances like this? Do you forward non-identifying pics and an adoption overview or something to the old owner to soothe her mind after adoption has occured? Or do you have a "Nil Information" rule after surrender? Rescues here have different views on this, heavens, as many as the day is long...
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next