Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes Virginia, some people DO suck...

+12
ChaLou
Two Crazy Pugs
sallyandtilly
Puggered
Aussie Witch
Renee
Miss Pit
northernwitch
pugsandkids
papaspugs
Maryjo
Pugsavers
16 posters

Go down

Yes Virginia, some people DO suck... Empty Yes Virginia, some people DO suck...

Post  Pugsavers 12/21/2010, 9:02 pm

I know we were talking about the annual holiday dump your dog but this one blew my mind. Up in Lake Co. CA an owner surrendered their Pug/BT cross that they said is, get this 20 YEARS OLD!!!! Luckily one of the SF no kill shelters was going up that way and got the old guy. I hope the ghost of Christmas future poops in all their stockings this year!!
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Yes Virginia, some people DO suck... Empty Re: Yes Virginia, some people DO suck...

Post  Maryjo 12/21/2010, 9:04 pm

OMG! That is horrible! censored I don't even have words for such heartless dumping- especially if they had the dog the whole time.

Swear
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Yes Virginia, some people DO suck... Empty Re: Yes Virginia, some people DO suck...

Post  papaspugs 12/21/2010, 9:13 pm

OMG! People are horrible!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 12/21/2010, 9:56 pm

Poor oldster, I hope he was in okay shape when they got him.
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/21/2010, 10:05 pm

Crumbs. No words.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 12/21/2010, 10:07 pm

I received the email that was going around about him and some other seniors. He's such a nice looking gentle soul. Thanks for letting us know Roxane that he was rescued. I hope the others were sprung also.

Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/21/2010, 11:16 pm

People suck, and I hate them. I am glad he's in rescue.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 12/22/2010, 12:19 am

The unanswerable question - WHY!?!?!?!?!?! hair pull
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 12/22/2010, 12:41 am

Geez - if they've had him that whole time all I hope is that they end up when they are old themselves, unwanted and dumped and homeless. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
But -second thoughts - first I am willing to hear what they have to say just in case there is some good reason or they are truly acting in the old one's best interests. If not, then let Karma be unleashed upon them.
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 12/22/2010, 12:43 am

My guess would be they don't want to do the hard part of pet ownership. The old fella couldn't have a lot of time left, so the people dump him before they have to make the hardest decision we all face at one time. Much easier to let someone else do it.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Two Crazy Pugs 12/22/2010, 1:05 am

Poor old guy. I do hope he is somewhere warm and loved tonight.
Two Crazy Pugs
Two Crazy Pugs

Number of posts : 1295

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaLou 12/22/2010, 5:46 am

OMG, I just dont understand how people can do this, it makes me so upset ! I hope the old boy has a secure loving home for the rest of his lift, bless him x
ChaLou
ChaLou

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 12/22/2010, 6:32 am

sallyandtilly wrote:My guess would be they don't want to do the hard part of pet ownership. The old fella couldn't have a lot of time left, so the people dump him before they have to make the hardest decision we all face at one time. Much easier to let someone else do it.
My thoughts exactly. sigh
Poor old chap. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 12/22/2010, 11:26 am

So sad. I hope he has a nice place to spend his days, knowing TRUE love.

Last edited by Tyson&LuLu'sMom on 12/22/2010, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 12/22/2010, 1:23 pm

Poor little senior puggy. Pig owner.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/22/2010, 1:51 pm

H the P wrote:
sallyandtilly wrote:My guess would be they don't want to do the hard part of pet ownership. The old fella couldn't have a lot of time left, so the people dump him before they have to make the hardest decision we all face at one time. Much easier to let someone else do it.
Poor old chap. hug dog

This is probably true.

We had someone surrender their pug... didn't tell us his medical history or anything. They left without a tear in their eye. The vet did an exam, and he had heart failure. No cure, no positive prognosis. He was in pain. We had to let him go. Nothing will convince me otherwise, that these buttwipes just wanted us to face reality for them.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 12/22/2010, 3:20 pm

Renee wrote:
H the P wrote:
Poor old chap. hug dog

This is probably true.

We had someone surrender their pug... didn't tell us his medical history or anything. They left without a tear in their eye. The vet did an exam, and he had heart failure. No cure, no positive prognosis. He was in pain. We had to let him go. Nothing will convince me otherwise, that these buttwipes just wanted us to face reality for them.

We had that happen too. Last year, there was a little black girl that the owner said she just had no idea what was wrong. It turned out to be very advanced cancer, and we had to euthanize her. It was so advanced that there was no way this lady didn't know. She just wanted to dump her on someone else to do the hard part.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down