Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baily Update

+8
Snifter&Toddy
H the P
Mel
Renee
Puggered
sallyandtilly
northernwitch
Saira
12 posters

Go down

Baily Update Empty Baily Update

Post  Saira 12/31/2010, 7:02 pm

Poor Baily needs to catch a break! So we thought we had a home lined up but, he still is throwing up. He is also not house trained at all (I'm guessing he didn't spend a lot of time indoors, poor guy), so we have a foster who is working with him. We have him on limited ingredient, no grain food because our vet thinks a lot of his problems (icky ears, licking paws, etc) is stemming from a food allergy so we are trying an elimination diet. The throwing up might be part of it, he doesn't do it all the time, and nothing really showed up during our testing, so we are hoping elevating his dish, and wetting down his food might help. So, he needs to heal a bit more before he goes to a home. He is really sweet though, and loves other dogs. He likes to cuddle too, he acts younger than 4; we all think he's probably closer to 2.

Baily Update Bailyupdate
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Baily Update Empty Re: Baily Update

Post  northernwitch 12/31/2010, 7:04 pm

Poor little muffin. Hope you get to the bottom of his issues. He's darn cute.

Gosh, an un house trained pug. What a shocker.......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 12/31/2010, 7:06 pm

northernwitch wrote:Poor little muffin. Hope you get to the bottom of his issues. He's darn cute.

Gosh, an un house trained pug. What a shocker.......

Yeah I know, he's a marker! I think he's related to Indy, lol. He really is the cutest thing. He seems to love everyone, and everything. The throwing up is troubling, especially as he really hasn't gained any weight at all-he's not too skinny but could stand to gain about a pound or so.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 12/31/2010, 7:20 pm

Oh my gosh, I love that face.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 12/31/2010, 9:48 pm

Sometimes throwing up is related to eating too fast in mild panic mode, just in case you hadn't thought of that one. Try giving him smaller meals more often.

I agree about the age and really admire his beautiful large nostrils. Hugs to the boy and may he have an assortment of belly bands in fashionable colours!!
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 12/31/2010, 9:50 pm

Puggered wrote:Sometimes throwing up is related to eating too fast in mild panic mode, just in case you hadn't thought of that one. Try giving him smaller meals more often.

I agree about the age and really admire his beautiful large nostrils. Hugs to the boy and may he have an assortment of belly bands in fashionable colours!!

We actually had been feeding him 4 small meals-he doesn't seem to scarf food like most pugs, lol. The one thing we did try that seemed to help was wetting his food, so we are going to try that too, along with the elevated bowls, and different food. Yes, I am getting belly bands for his foster, I contacted DeeAnn. Laughing
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/31/2010, 10:51 pm

Awe, Baily! So sorry to hear about the throwing up. I hope things get figured out - he is just a little cutie pie. If he's related to Indy, then he is related to Skeeter too. You know, brother from another mother! Those boys and their marking, lol.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 1/1/2011, 1:05 am

aww.. I hope he catches a break soon! he's such a handsome guy.
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 1/1/2011, 10:30 am

Oh, that face! He looks such a darling. Hugs. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 1/1/2011, 12:42 pm

He really does have a gorgeous little face. Hope you can get his problems sorted out soon.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  raindrop 1/2/2011, 12:24 am

What a gorgeous little fellow! I hope he feels better soon.
I recently became the forever owner of a pug that was diagnosed with food allergies (itching, hair loss, recurrent ear infections). I have continued his grain, chicken & beef free diet, but found a huge change when we treated him with ketoconazole for a yeast infection. His skin is still healing from his scratching, and his hair is starting to grow back, but he smells so much better. Now his ears are clear, and his wrinkles aren't swollen or gunky (or smelly).
In just a few weeks, he's a completely different dog, he's more active, playful and energetic.
It may not apply to your situation, but it seems from all the reading I've done, that allergies & yeast problems seem to go hand in hand. I don't think my pug would have been able to heal from his allergy issues without treating the yeast infection.

raindrop

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 1/2/2011, 6:20 am

Poor little guy! I know the care you guys give 'em, I am sure he'll be in great shape soon.

Hi Raindrop, welcome to PA! Please come over and tell us about yourself in "meet and greet". Looks like your adoptee found a great home! welcome
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 1/2/2011, 1:25 pm

Has he been dewormed? When Ruffy came to us, he was throwing up quite often as well and terribly skinny. The fecal test that the rescue had done was negative, but I had one done which showed some worms. We treated him, and he stopped throwing up. Just hoping something so simple might be the problem
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  FurSprinklers 1/2/2011, 1:53 pm

Oh, what a cute face!
FurSprinklers
FurSprinklers

Number of posts : 675

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 1/2/2011, 2:18 pm

raindrop wrote:What a gorgeous little fellow! I hope he feels better soon.
I recently became the forever owner of a pug that was diagnosed with food allergies (itching, hair loss, recurrent ear infections). I have continued his grain, chicken & beef free diet, but found a huge change when we treated him with ketoconazole for a yeast infection. His skin is still healing from his scratching, and his hair is starting to grow back, but he smells so much better. Now his ears are clear, and his wrinkles aren't swollen or gunky (or smelly).
In just a few weeks, he's a completely different dog, he's more active, playful and energetic.
It may not apply to your situation, but it seems from all the reading I've done, that allergies & yeast problems seem to go hand in hand. I don't think my pug would have been able to heal from his allergy issues without treating the yeast infection.

Aussie Witch wrote:Poor little guy! I know the care you guys give 'em, I am sure he'll be in great shape soon.

Hi Raindrop, welcome to PA! Please come over and tell us about yourself in "meet and greet". Looks like your adoptee found a great home! welcome

I agree, welcome Raindrop, and tell us a little more about your little guy! And you are correct, Baily also has a yeast infection as well we are treating. Poor little guy, he has probably not felt well for awhile.

Leslye, I will suggest another fecal exam too, that's a good idea.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down