Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anchorage Pet New Year

2 posters

Go down

Anchorage Pet New Year Empty Anchorage Pet New Year

Post  Maryjo 2/4/2011, 7:45 pm

Polar Pug Rescue & Friends (PPRaF) will have a booth at a Pet New Year event which my favorite local feed store holds tomorrow (Saturday). They do free micro chipping for the first 50 people plus rabies shots, nail trims, health checks, etc. Local dog clubs put on displays in flyball, obedience, and other such stuff. We don't have much to sell, it is mostly to get the word out. But we will have dog cookies for donations, and people cookies, too!

Story about the people cookies: A gal I work with and her brother foster OTP's (other than pugs) for us. He's divorced & she's unmarried, They both took care of their ailing mother for years, and now live in the house their mother left to them when she passed away last year. They'll do just about any volunteer work, I love them! Bob is mostly retired, and is great to have with fosters who are learning housebreaking or need watched for health reasons since he's home most of the time.

Lindy (my coworker) and I have been cooking dog cookies, so Bob decided we shouldn't have just dog cookies at this event, and cooked up a BUNCH of people cookies, then put them in baggies for us to sell for donation, too. Lindy says this was the first time he'd ever baked anything! Ah, the power of a rescue dog.

hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Anchorage Pet New Year Empty Re: Anchorage Pet New Year

Post  Maryjo 2/6/2011, 3:08 pm

We had a fun day yesterday! Vickie was interviewed by one of the local news channels and they also showed pics of Sweetie (a 15-yr-old pug in our rescue) along with one of Vickie's dogs, Valentine (A JRT mix she uses in flyball).

A good time was had by all! hug dog

Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/6/2011, 4:04 pm

What nice people to do that! And it sounds like a fun event. Now, where are the pix? Drinking
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Anchorage Pet New Year Empty Here's Sweetie & Others...

Post  Maryjo 2/6/2011, 4:12 pm

These are some of the rescue we brought to the event. We do not adopt out from an event like this, but we wanted interest so we could get the word out. Several people filled out applications.

Here is one of our rescues, Sweetie. She is 15 and was turned into the pound. hair pull
Anchorage Pet New Year Pny3862

Here is Kodiak (Kodi). She's 9 years old. She has a wonky rear end like my Beau had. Both of these girls stay with Vickie. I love them both!
Anchorage Pet New Year Pny3861

Markie (in front) is a Shih Tzu with allergy issues.
Anchorage Pet New Year Pny3863

Radar, a 6-month-old mini pin is trying to hog the camera. Deuce is a 12-week-old husky/shepherd mix in back.
Anchorage Pet New Year Pny3853

This handsome guy is Tiger, a Westie. You don't see many of them in Alaska!
Anchorage Pet New Year Pny3849

Some of our volunteers-
From the left: Dakota, Reneé (who you all know) and Meagan
Anchorage Pet New Year Pny3847

Chalsie is another volunteer, she liked staying in the x-pen to keep the dogs calm.
Anchorage Pet New Year Pny3843

I want them both! (Sweetie on left, Kodi on right)
Anchorage Pet New Year Pny3866

Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/6/2011, 4:30 pm

Great pix MJ! I hope you get lots of applications. Were there any enquiries about adopting Chalsie? Laughing And poor Sweetie dumped in the pound at 15..... hair pull
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 2/6/2011, 4:46 pm

Aussie Witch wrote:What nice people to do that! And it sounds like a fun event. Now, where are the pix? Drinking

*LOL* I think I was posting pics while you asked for them! Laughing
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down