Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneezing fit

4 posters

Go down

Sneezing fit Empty Sneezing fit

Post  Amanda 3/17/2011, 6:45 pm

Any of your pugs ever go on a sneezing spree? Nell got to sneezing last night in bed and I swear it lasted 2 hours. I felt sorry for her but wasn't much we could do. And I'm tired today! She's done it before but it never lasted that long. Just as I thought she was done she'd start again. I think I actually heard her sigh and groan a few times. She was frustrated!
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Sneezing fit Empty Re: Sneezing fit

Post  sallyandtilly 3/17/2011, 8:20 pm

Well I'm sneezing right now, but Tilly has never had an episode like that. Hope you never have to go through it again.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 3/18/2011, 10:01 am

Murphy has been having sneezing fits a lot lately. They last about two minutes, each time. I would say he has them a couple times a week. I do notice that he has a sneezing fit when he's really excited. For example, I came home from work yesterday and he was so excited to see me he went into one. Typically, it is after excitement he begins a sneezing fit.

I, like you, feel so bad, because I'm not sure if I should be doing something or not.
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  brachylove 3/20/2011, 7:45 am

This just happened with my Bentley. It gradually got worse over the course of a week and a half. It got so bad that he became hesitant to move much for fear of bringing on a bout of reverse sneezing. He was definitely mopey. We narrowed it down to either seasonal allergies, something in his nasal cavity, or possibly the food I had switched him over to 100% a week earlier.

The food was last on my list because I had done a slow transition and he had done great, but as it turns out as soon as I got him back to 50/50 old food/new food, the sneezing dramatically tapered off and he pepped up like a puppy.

If you haven't changed food, I wonder about some type of seasonal allergy since we are in Spring and there is mold, etc.

I
brachylove
brachylove

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down