Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fannin County AC ,Blue Ridge,GA no adoption fee

3 posters

Go down

Fannin County AC ,Blue Ridge,GA no adoption fee Empty Fannin County AC ,Blue Ridge,GA no adoption fee

Post  Miss Pit 5/15/2011, 4:55 pm

Can someone point me in the right direction as who to contact for rescue? Is SEPRA accepting dogs now?
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19523586
No adoption fee is not good

Thank you,
Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Fannin County AC ,Blue Ridge,GA no adoption fee Empty Re: Fannin County AC ,Blue Ridge,GA no adoption fee

Post  Puggered 5/16/2011, 1:36 am

I wonder how old he is?

The no adoption fee I think (hopefully it's not wishful thinking) doesn't mean that Joe Public can wander in and take the dog without spending a cent. Lookling at that blurb, they won't release until neutering and basic medical (including rabies shots ugh!) have been done.
I'm guessing that they have a deal with a local vet to do those things (not necessarily at rescue prices).

It would of course be better if a rescue could manage his adoption but with everyone full to bursting it must be so hard. Will send prayers that a rescue somewhere can fit him in.
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Fannin County AC ,Blue Ridge,GA no adoption fee Empty Re: Fannin County AC ,Blue Ridge,GA no adoption fee

Post  Miss Pit 5/16/2011, 1:57 pm

Quite a few shelters(animal controls in particular) over here will require proof of the alter and rabies vax after the new owners have this done. Whether they do call backs on the adoptees and are successful with this remains to be seen. I couldn't find any informtion on their website.

I've seen too many negative things happen with no adoption fees:(

Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 5/17/2011, 6:54 am

Yes Trish, I certainly know where you're coming from!
On the good news side, I'm told that this guy is now safe - not sure whther he was adopted or collected by rescue though.
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 5/17/2011, 1:42 pm

You know, I used to agree with the idea that no adoption fees were a bad thing. But there's been a change in thinking on the subject in animal welfare over the last 10 years or so. As long as the agency or organization screens adopters, provides spay/neuter services and vaccines, etc., and works hard to match the right animal with the right individual or family, having low or no adoption fees hasn't been shown to result in "impulse" adoptions or bad placements.

HSUS did a study on the correlation between reduced and full-price adoption fees and the retention of the animal in the home and/or the success of its placement, and found that the reduced or no-fee adoptions were just as likely to succeed as those charged "full price."
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down