Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pictures from the Adoption Event today

+10
pugasaurus
MommaJones
PhoebesMommy
Renee
Eph91
Lindsey
Mel
Aussie Witch
Brenda
Saira
14 posters

Go down

Pictures from the Adoption Event today Empty Pictures from the Adoption Event today

Post  Saira 6/19/2010, 7:25 pm

Lots of pics.

I picked up these two guys-BJ is the black one and Bo is the fawn one. Most depressing surrender ever-the guy is on the verge of being homeless, without anyplace to go, lost his job and is disabled. I got SO mad that it's easier to find a safe place for dogs than it is for a person. We are trying to help him find at least a shelter and on Monday I'm calling my attorney friends to see if they can help him navigate disability benefits. All he had left were his pugs and I felt awful taking them, even though he was doing the right thing for them and was happy to know they will be safe.

Pictures from the Adoption Event today Harley3

Pictures from the Adoption Event today Harley4

Dyna riding a Harley!
Pictures from the Adoption Event today Harley13

McLovin-what a great puppy he is!!! He loves everyone!
Pictures from the Adoption Event today Harley18

Oscar-most of you know Diana on facebook (and she has an account here too). She was fostering him and he got adopted by a WONDERFUL couple who have adopted from us before.
Pictures from the Adoption Event today Harley20

Mel's Zoe
Pictures from the Adoption Event today Harley23

And....SNPR alumni Bonnie (formerly known as Hope)!
Pictures from the Adoption Event today Harley35

I thought this guy was gorgeous!
Pictures from the Adoption Event today Harley22
All the pics can be found here:
https://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/SouthernNevadaPugRescue/Harley%20Davidson/
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Pictures from the Adoption Event today Empty Re: Pictures from the Adoption Event today

Post  Brenda 6/19/2010, 7:40 pm

Bo and BJ are gorgeous! How sad about their owner. :(

And Zoe was in Mel's arms? I thought she didn't like to be cuddled?
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Pictures from the Adoption Event today Empty Re: Pictures from the Adoption Event today

Post  Aussie Witch 6/19/2010, 7:42 pm

Great turn-out Saira! Many adoption aps come in?

And that poor guy with his pugs - can you put them in a limbo situation for a short time if things turn out for their dad so he might be able to get them back? What's his disability? I hope you can help him some how. Thanks for trying.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/19/2010, 8:58 pm

Aussie Witch wrote:Great turn-out Saira! Many adoption aps come in?

I think so! I met one lady who wanted to foster and she seemed great-she was going to put in an app. And as soon as I brought in the boys, a lady fell in love with them (even after we told her they were a pair) so we are hoping she will put in an application too. We got some great donations too, so all in all a good day, rescue wise.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 6/19/2010, 9:16 pm

Brenda wrote:
And Zoe was in Mel's arms? I thought she didn't like to be cuddled?

that's so funny. she was sitting like that against her will. her nails were trimmed this morning and sitting the normal way scratched my legs! so I sat her upright. Saira thought she looked relaxed. I think she was depressed! lol

we saw the great dane on our way out. he was huge! total Marmaduke dog.

SO sad about the surrender. I think it's great what you're doing to help. Pictures from the Adoption Event today 27965 a hug for Saira - against HER will! Pictures from the Adoption Event today Icon_biggrin
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 6/19/2010, 9:38 pm

Wow! Looks like the even was a success and everyone had a great time!!

So sad about the surrender today. It is terrible how so many people are losing everything.

I applaud you for the help you give for pugs and for people.... People like you make it this horrible situation just a bit better...
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/20/2010, 1:04 am

I'm calling him in the morning to see how he is doing, all I can think about is how lonely he must be tonight without his boys. We have a few leads, and Monday I'll be able to see if anyone at work has any connections to try too.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 6/20/2010, 12:13 pm

Saira, that is heartbreaking about the surrender, but he is lucky to have you and your friends there to help him. I hope things work out for him and the pugs.
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 6/20/2010, 1:20 pm

I saw these on facebook too. How awesome!! I wish I could get a rescue and adoption meet-up of that size happening in Alaska!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  PhoebesMommy 6/21/2010, 12:48 pm

Thats so sad about the surrender. At least they will be finding happy homes. I hope he finds a happy home for himself as well
Such cuties!
PhoebesMommy
PhoebesMommy

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/30/2010, 1:47 am

I wanted to give an update! The boys are doing better, they were so scared and sad the first day but their foster home said they are starting to blossom. We got in a good application for both of them so I am hoping that will work out.

We found a few places that seemed like they would be able to help their former owner. I have been talking to him and hopefully some good can come out of these latest connections-he was meeting with some places today so I will call him later in the week and see how it went.

Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 6/30/2010, 7:51 am

Saira wrote:I wanted to give an update! The boys are doing better, they were so scared and sad the first day but their foster home said they are starting to blossom. We got in a good application for both of them so I am hoping that will work out.

We found a few places that seemed like they would be able to help their former owner. I have been talking to him and hopefully some good can come out of these latest connections-he was meeting with some places today so I will call him later in the week and see how it went.

Not only a helper of pugs, but of people too! You're a good person, Saira.

That BJ is a little cutey!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/30/2010, 11:05 am

MommaJones wrote:
Saira wrote:I wanted to give an update! The boys are doing better, they were so scared and sad the first day but their foster home said they are starting to blossom. We got in a good application for both of them so I am hoping that will work out.

Not only a helper of pugs, but of people too! You're a good person, Saira.

That BJ is a little cutey!

I do try to help the non insane people. Pictures from the Adoption Event today Icon_lol

I am SO in love with BJ. If he wasn't part of a pair, I would have scooped him right up, the poor guy is such a timid little thing. And he's even cuter in person, he has THE most adorable face.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 6/30/2010, 11:59 am

It's so sad that the poor guy can't keep his dogs. But awesome that you're able to help! Love the Harley photo!
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/30/2010, 10:37 pm

Well we got even better news today, their foster wants to adopt them both. Very Happy
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 7/1/2010, 12:11 pm

Saira wrote:Well we got even better news today, their foster wants to adopt them both. Very Happy

That is great news!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/1/2010, 12:15 pm

Saira wrote:Well we got even better news today, their foster wants to adopt them both. Very Happy

Wonderful news!! Pictures from the Adoption Event today 977583
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/8/2010, 7:22 pm

Maryjo wrote:

Wonderful news!! Pictures from the Adoption Event today 977583

We got a great update on the boys:
" Little BJ's tail wags constantly. They LOVE their walks in the park, sleeping on the big people's bed, playing with the big doggies ( Bo and Ivory love to play togeyher) and their treats! They get lots of scratching and tummie rubs. They are loved and adored here by all of us! Such wonderful boys, we are so grateful they chose us. "

I also talked to their owner yesterday, and he is hanging in there too. He was very happy to hear about the boys!
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/8/2010, 8:31 pm

You guys have the best adoption events! Keep fighting the good fight, Saira. I know somedays are harder than others and you guys sometime face the most ridiculous obstacles from the most unexpected quarters.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/8/2010, 8:37 pm

smoochieface wrote:You guys have the best adoption events! Keep fighting the good fight, Saira. I know somedays are harder than others and you guys sometime face the most ridiculous obstacles from the most unexpected quarters.

Yeah if only I could just deal with pugs, lol. Bill is such a nice guy (the guy who surrendered). I've never met someone so grateful for knowing his pugs are being taken care of, it just helped him focus on things he need to focus on. I told him he can call me anytime, even just to chat, and he has taken me up on it a few times!
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/8/2010, 9:33 pm

Saira - Bill is so lucky that he had a pug, and that it connected him to you guys.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down