Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption

+7
thminis
PugLady3
LisaIzzyAggy
H the P
Renee
Aussie Witch
sallyandtilly
11 posters

Go down

The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption Empty The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption

Post  Guest 11/14/2010, 8:02 am

Gert got adopted yesterday and her new parents are over the moon, I am so happy for her, and Viv is noticeably happier today!

The pugs from Missouri came in yesterday, it was quite a scene! With the exception of only a few they were in really good shape, groomed, nails cut etc. Karen the pres of GMPR said the breeder was actually decent to talk to, even though she was a puppy miller she did take very good care of these dogs.
All three of our news stations came and our local paper so they got great coverage.

Here is a pic of me and one that was just a sweetie.
The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption 149125_462249244389_846624389_5248859_4821206_n

Also go to my facebbok page, you will see the rest of the pics and a link to one of the news stations.

These guys will have no problem getting adopted, they were all really good looking and sweet.

Back to top Go down

The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption Empty Re: The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption

Post  Guest 11/14/2010, 9:44 am

look at all of them!

The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption 76109_1483650131360_1237066360_31121577_2230945_n

The guy who transported them said they were easier to transport than any other dog he has transported!

Back to top Go down

The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption Empty Re: The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption

Post  sallyandtilly 11/14/2010, 12:23 pm

Sooooooooooooooo darn cute!
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 11/14/2010, 1:22 pm

Such good news for Gertie!

And I must say, those puppymill girls do look happy and healthy, not like the sad, terrified, sick little faces you usually see in these cases.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 11/14/2010, 2:29 pm

Aussie Witch wrote:Such good news for Gertie!

And I must say, those puppymill girls do look happy and healthy, not like the sad, terrified, sick little faces you usually see in these cases.

What Rona said! It nice to see a rescue where the conditions don't make you feel sick!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption Empty one more photo!

Post  Guest 11/15/2010, 7:10 am

Here is a group shot of all the people and pugs, some of the people drove down three hours to help out.

The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption 149064_468963953656_517228656_5546375_3852_n

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 11/15/2010, 7:22 am

Fantastic. Well done, all. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 11/15/2010, 8:05 am

Way to go. cheers I love to see puppymill pugs get sprung. Is that a puppy in the bottom left?
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/15/2010, 8:22 am

LisaIzzyAggy wrote:Way to go. cheers I love to see puppymill pugs get sprung. Is that a puppy in the bottom left?

18 of the pugs were between the ages of 1-6, then there were two puppies, I have not been around a puppy since Viv was one. They were adorable. I'm sure they will get adopted first.

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 11/15/2010, 10:54 am

The puppies really got me choked up when I was watching the news video because they will never have to know the horror of growing up in a hell hole/puppymill. They are all so fortunate to have an angel like Karen & GMPR looking out for them. hug dog
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/15/2010, 11:03 am

PugLady3 wrote:The puppies really got me choked up when I was watching the news video because they will never have to know the horror of growing up in a hell hole/puppymill. They are all so fortunate to have an angel like Karen & GMPR looking out for them. hug dog

I know, there were so many peole saying the same thing. I admire people like Karen and Judy for devoting all there free time to making GMPR what it is.

Back to top Go down

Post  thminis 11/15/2010, 12:07 pm

Yay for Gertie and awesome job on the puppy mill pugs!! Good thoughts for them all!
thminis
thminis

Number of posts : 1139

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 11/15/2010, 12:18 pm

GREAT pic (of you and the sweetie who got to be hugged by you)!

GOOD JOB!

GO GERT! I heard about your new family and it was meant to be... you' ll have THEM spinning on your every whim in no time!

THANKS, D, for a great visit on Friday morning! Niko especially loved seeing you... which I am sure you could tell!
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 11/15/2010, 1:03 pm

Renee wrote:

What Rona said! It nice to see a rescue where the conditions don't make you feel sick!

I don't care... A puppymill is a puppymill is a puppymill... No matter what.

Crying or Very sad
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 11/15/2010, 1:13 pm

I had been following this all weekend on Facebook. I am so thankful Karen could get them out of there!

Donna, the set up in the van - was that specifically for this transport? Are the dividers removeable? I've just never seen anyone transport dogs like that.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/15/2010, 3:18 pm

Maryjo wrote:
Renee wrote:

I don't care... A puppymill is a puppymill is a puppymill... No matter what.

Crying or Very sad

I know, but it was nice for a change to see these guys in such good shape, they were clean, nails were trimmed and all but a few were very social.

Brenda wrote:I had been following this all weekend on Facebook. I am so thankful Karen could get them out of there!

Donna, the set up in the van - was that specifically for this transport? Are the dividers removeable? I've just never seen anyone transport dogs like that.

That van was great, I thought it would be 10 or 20 crates. I have no clue if that ws the guys van or what. I will have to ask Karen how she found him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 11/16/2010, 1:26 am

Yay for Miss Gertie!! What a cute picture of you Donna with the pug. The back of the van looks like Romper Room for pugs Shocked I bet that was a fun transport with all the snorting going on The 20 pugs rescued from GMPR and Gert's adoption 335895
Thanks so much for sharing the great news!

Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/16/2010, 6:42 am

They have gotten over 75 phone calls with all the press they got between Sunday and yesterday!
These puggies will go fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 11/16/2010, 1:27 pm

Donna wrote:They have gotten over 75 phone calls with all the press they got between Sunday and yesterday!
These puggies will go fast.

That's awesome!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down