Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My diva is a garbage pug!

+7
pugasaurus
Not Afraid
TxAllieGrl
Saira
Amanda
northernwitch
Pugsaunt
11 posters

Go down

My diva is a garbage pug! Empty My diva is a garbage pug!

Post  Pugsaunt 6/26/2009, 9:36 pm

I was sitting quietly in the living room, watching a CSI:Miami rerun, and I heard a metallic "clang" from the bathroom. And there she was, my delicate little diva, my heart pug, Penny Lane, with her face in the tipped-over trash can, munching away on an old kleenex!!!!! This is new. She has never shown an interest in trash before. I now have the living room trash can on a table and the bathroom can perched on the toilet. Anyone else have this problem, and what do you do??? Is it a sign of something awful? Any ideas?????? I would have taken and posted a picture, but I was just too appalled.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

My diva is a garbage pug! Empty Re: My diva is a garbage pug!

Post  northernwitch 6/26/2009, 9:40 pm

The lust for paper, particularly used kleenex and toilet paper (sometimes other unmentionable paper products) runs deep in the pug soul. Tank, at age 10, has a deep love of used kleenex. All of our garbage cans have lids that can't be opened by pugs--and the bathroom one is like Fort Knox.

Don't ask me why, but it's a pug thing.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/26/2009, 9:42 pm

If it's a sign of some horrible illness, it's something with a LOOOONG incubation period because Nell has been a trash snatcher for almost 8 years now and she's still kickin'! She personally prefers dirty q-tips. 🇳🇴 Because of now having Ava we basically have everything kid and pug proofed. Pre-Ava we just made sure to either keep the trash cans in the bathroom cabinet if feasible or just keep the bathroom door shut. Nell was just digging through the fabric scraps in my sewing trash can last night.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/26/2009, 9:43 pm

Both Hooli and Sophie are paper product eaters (well, really just eaters of ANYTHING).

We have to hide all the toilet paper rolls in Sophie's room, or put them out of reach, and then put our trash on the stairs, which is baby gated. Ahh, the joys of pugs. Rolling Eyes
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 6/26/2009, 10:18 pm

Thanks. I feel better now. I think. So I'm gonna have to get a lidded trash can for the bathroom, then. It's a real pain to have to put it up on the toilet every time. Sigh. Oh well, she's worth it.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/26/2009, 10:23 pm

Dre is a consumate paper eater. The rest prefer the bathroom trash, but Dre will knock my trash can off the desk to get to the paper...(yes Sarina, this is the truth).

It's normal...

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 6/26/2009, 10:47 pm

I got a bathroom can with a lid on it (and a little foot pedal). I had one too many too-gross-to-be-told incidents.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 6/26/2009, 11:22 pm

I can see that is how I'm gonna have to go. Sigh.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 6/26/2009, 11:27 pm

Beavis in his old age just doesn't really care that much about "being good". It's like he's decided he's old and he might as well have fun with the time he has left. He's taken to raiding purses, snatching treats and other things he used to not do.

And I let him.......
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 6/27/2009, 3:16 am

We keep the bathroom door shut. The kitchen garbage can has a lid on it so that's not too much of a problem. Mack and Mattie tag team though. Mack will knock over the garbage (if it's too full) and Mattie stands on lookout and helps raid it. She doesn't bother the bathroom garbage, just the yummy kitchen garbage.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 6/27/2009, 5:59 am

From day one Lola will get into the trash any chance she gets. We have our trash under the kitchen sink and the bathroom trash has a lid on it. When we stay with my Mom in Boston she will wack the trash down, tear apart the bathroom trash and get into the trash in the back room. She is so fresh. She is also a purse snatcher, will knock a beer bottle down with one swipe of her paw, a napkin stealer and forget it if you turn your head and food is within her reach.
She acts so innocent too.

Logan never did any of the above mentioned. He's my good little Momma's boy.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/27/2009, 12:23 pm

lola's mom wrote:From day one Lola will get into the trash any chance she gets. We have our trash under the kitchen sink and the bathroom trash has a lid on it. When we stay with my Mom in Boston she will wack the trash down, tear apart the bathroom trash and get into the trash in the back room. She is so fresh. She is also a purse snatcher, will knock a beer bottle down with one swipe of her paw, a napkin stealer and forget it if you turn your head and food is within her reach.

You need to come to Vegas and bring Lola. She is Hooli's twin. He does all that too! He also likes to try and create a distraction by barking and get the others riled up and then he goes and does something bad. Very Happy
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 6/27/2009, 2:58 pm

Saira wrote:
lola's mom wrote:From day one Lola will get into the trash any chance she gets. We have our trash under the kitchen sink and the bathroom trash has a lid on it. When we stay with my Mom in Boston she will wack the trash down, tear apart the bathroom trash and get into the trash in the back room. She is so fresh. She is also a purse snatcher, will knock a beer bottle down with one swipe of her paw, a napkin stealer and forget it if you turn your head and food is within her reach.

You need to come to Vegas and bring Lola. She is Hooli's twin. He does all that too! He also likes to try and create a distraction by barking and get the others riled up and then he goes and does something bad. Very Happy

Oh my god Lola does that bark thing too! She gets Logan flying off the couch when she barks and she will just sit there. I will never forget the one time she barked at nothing, I turned my head and she snatched my english muffin right off my plate! I only fell for that trick once!

Isn't it funny how Hooli and Lola look all innocent in photo's.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 6/28/2009, 2:58 am

lola's mom wrote:
Saira wrote:

Oh my god Lola does that bark thing too! She gets Logan flying off the couch when she barks and she will just sit there. I will never forget the one time she barked at nothing, I turned my head and she snatched my english muffin right off my plate! I only fell for that trick once!

Isn't it funny how Hooli and Lola look all innocent in photo's.

Oh I have met Lola, I do not believe she would ever trick her mama to steal food, NEVER!

Oh and Co-Pilot LOVES trash and whatever she can get her paws on, all our trash cans are put away in cabinets, we HAVE to!
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 6/29/2009, 1:31 pm

Sigh... we have to keep the bathroom door shut because Beau loves grabbing the toilet paper on the roll and running down the hall with the paper flying behind him like a flag. He's taught this trick to Chloe now. Rolling Eyes

Our bathroom trash is behind the door under the sink, the kitchen trash issue was harder to solve when we got Moose. He's knock it over and all the pugs would dive in. We found a large Christmas paper wrap holder (the standing-up type), and it cannot come apart. Moose doesn't even try to knock it over.

Pugs and trash, not a good combination. *LOL*
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 6/29/2009, 3:14 pm

Maryjo wrote:Sigh... we have to keep the bathroom door shut because Beau loves grabbing the toilet paper on the roll and running down the hall with the paper flying behind him like a flag. He's taught this trick to Chloe now. Rolling Eyes

We need that "laughing yourself silly" icon. The mental image of Beau taking off down the hall with a banner of tp behind him has me scuttling for the bathroom.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 6/29/2009, 3:57 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:
Maryjo wrote:Sigh... we have to keep the bathroom door shut because Beau loves grabbing the toilet paper on the roll and running down the hall with the paper flying behind him like a flag. He's taught this trick to Chloe now. Rolling Eyes

We need that "laughing yourself silly" icon. The mental image of Beau taking off down the hall with a banner of tp behind him has me scuttling for the bathroom.

It wouldn't be so bad if the banner were finite. But somehow he manages to keep it attached to the roller on the wall, and you can hear the roller clacking while he's running! He is such joker! If I catch him getting ready to grab the tp, I tell him NO, and you can see him laughing at me!

How about this icon?
My diva is a garbage pug! Rotflmao2
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 6/29/2009, 8:44 pm

Maryjo wrote:
Pugsaunt wrote:

It wouldn't be so bad if the banner were finite. But somehow he manages to keep it attached to the roller on the wall, and you can hear the roller clacking while he's running! He is such joker! If I catch him getting ready to grab the tp, I tell him NO, and you can see him laughing at me!

How about this icon?
My diva is a garbage pug! Rotflmao2

You know, I can see him laughing at you, because Penny does it to me. And I like the icon!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down