Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products from "Planet Urine"

4 posters

Go down

Products from "Planet Urine" Empty Products from "Planet Urine"

Post  elisemarie 12/28/2011, 10:42 pm

Has anyone here used the products offered by Planet Urine? Are they any good, and do they work?
elisemarie
elisemarie

Number of posts : 296

Back to top Go down

Products from "Planet Urine" Empty Re: Products from "Planet Urine"

Post  Pugsavers 12/28/2011, 11:15 pm

I haven't used them, but the name sounds like what people probably called my house when I had Bailey, Betty and Tiny Tim, lol.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  elisemarie 12/29/2011, 10:00 pm

I used to say my Bubba was the fastest pee in the west. I think A'chi has got him beat.

I'm using the powder and sprays right now. The jury is still out as to how long-lasting and effective their system is.

The principle behind their process makes a lot of sense; using a powder to lift stains and odors as opposed to using a liquid or a spray - which does, indeed, seem to spread the stain and odor.

I am NOT endorsing their products for any type of monetary gain. I am simply using the stuff and trying to find folks who have done the same.

Here is the website, just in case anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.planeturine.com/

A-woo-woo-woo-woo !!!!!!

elise marie
elisemarie
elisemarie

Back to top Go down

Post  elisemarie 1/25/2012, 10:58 pm

Update ...

The stuff from Planet Urine works great.

The powdered stain lifter can be used for a whole bunch of other stains and odors besides poop and pee.

The "Smells No More" and "No Pee" sprays are best used as directed, and then re-applied every two weeks or so.

I will be ordering more supplies next month - mostly just to have on hand. I really like the sprays. They work much better than vinegar or any other deodorants / deterrents on the market.
elisemarie
elisemarie

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 1/25/2012, 11:14 pm

I pretty much stick with orange oil and pickling vinegar. On the odd occasion, I will use borax, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 1/25/2012, 11:47 pm

northernwitch wrote:I pretty much stick with orange oil and pickling vinegar. On the odd occasion, I will use borax, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
Blanche, tell me how you use these. I know at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, they cleaned the octagons with vinegar and water.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  elisemarie 1/26/2012, 1:13 pm

Blanche, tell me how you use these.

Ditto for me.
elisemarie
elisemarie

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 1/26/2012, 1:27 pm

I use pickling vinegar dilute (1/2 and 1/2) for cleaning all my floors--and wash my floor rugs with it when someone (Hazel) has peed on the rug. I put a half cup straight vinegar in the machine with the rugs. I use pickling vinegar as it tends to be somewhat stronger than regular vinegar.

I bought a cleaning product that is primarily orange oil--it's called Orange A Peel: http://www.orangeapeel.com/wheretobuy.php?lang=en

Borax/baking soda and hydrogen peroxide I use depending on what's going on with my own dogs and fosters--I use them as germ killers, and smell reducers although both vinegar and the orange stuff are pretty effective.

Because Tank has a number of allergies, I rarely use commercial cleaning products, but he seems to be okay with vinegar and this orange stuff.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  elisemarie 1/26/2012, 3:47 pm

I've tried store-bought liquid pet stain and odor remover, white vinegar, pickling vinegar, hydro-peroxide, baking soda, and isopropyl alcohol, and all combinations in-between. I've tried spraying, soaking, blotting, covering the area with a towel after application, etc., etc. The pups seem to be able to smell through everything.

I have a tendency to believe liquid applications 'spread' the stain further around into the carpet. That's why I chose to try the Planet Urine powder and topical spray products. I have to admit ... the information listed on the MSDS is a bit daunting to decipher. If there are any chemistry majors out there, I would greatly appreciate their feedback.

So far, so good, and that's all I can ask for.
elisemarie
elisemarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down