Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nose wrinkle "lifting"

3 posters

Go down

Nose wrinkle "lifting" Empty Nose wrinkle "lifting"

Post  Cathy 1/19/2012, 5:28 pm

Ok, Edgar is suffering from his 3rd nose wrinkle infection in the past 3 months and my vet wants to "lift" his wrinkle at bit so there is some air getting in there and I agree with her. The infections are both yeast and bacteria and keeping him on antibiotics and antifungals isn't the answer. Also, sometime in the future he has to has his eyes done so that he can close them all the way and we can't go anywhere near his face for 2 weeks after that. Not cleaning his wrinkle for 2 weeks is out of the question because he'd be a mess of infection. I know Blanche had one of her fosters wrinkles done and was wondering how long the recovery period is and just how painful it seemed to be.
Cathy
Cathy

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Nose wrinkle "lifting" Empty Re: Nose wrinkle "lifting"

Post  northernwitch 1/19/2012, 5:50 pm

Hey Cathy. Yes, it was Pippin who basically had a pug face lift. Recovery was quick--like the usual 7 to 10 days, I think. He didn't seem to have much pain, but he had a bunch of facial stuff done at the same time and stayed in a cone and on pain meds for a while as I just don't trust that "dogs don't feel pain like we do"......

He looked like hell after surgery, but that only lasted a couple of days. His issue was that his nose fold was pushing his eye lashes into his eyes and creating abrasions and we weren't sure the fold itself wasn't abrading his eye balls.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 1/21/2012, 8:32 am

Can he have his eyes done at the same time?
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy 1/21/2012, 12:23 pm

At this point, I'm not sure. He goes back to his regular vet on the 30th for her to look at his wrinkle and pimples and then we'll get the surgeon referal. I know the nose has to be done sooner rather than later, due to all the infections, and since his eyes are responding so well to the meds the eye doctor is saying that surgery isn't as pressing as she thought at first. I would have loved to have both surgeries at the same time, but we'll see.
Cathy
Cathy

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down