Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New foster boy

+3
Pugsaunt
Aussie Witch
northernwitch
7 posters

Go down

New foster boy Empty New foster boy

Post  northernwitch 4/27/2012, 2:24 pm

One goes out and another comes in. This is Shane. Border collie boy--found as a stray in rural Ontario and now with Speaking of Dogs. So far, he is a very nice boy indeed. Vet thinks he's four--which is possible, but he's very low key for a 4 year old BC and I'm not sure how good his hips are.

No issues with the little dogs, but he is very afraid of the cat.......

[img]New foster boy Shane1[/img]
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

New foster boy Empty Re: New foster boy

Post  Aussie Witch 4/27/2012, 2:39 pm

They weren't going to let the spare spot at Chez Blanche go cold! He looks perplexed. Probably wondering what the strange ginger animal is.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 4/27/2012, 5:56 pm

A good looking BC, too. How is he getting on with Meesh? You have such a good heart, Blanche.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/27/2012, 6:55 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:A good looking BC, too. How is he getting on with Meesh? You have such a good heart, Blanche.
He's doing fine with everyone--mostly does his own thing and hangs with the menfolk--he's made his preference clear. Yodels and makes noises when the men are around to encourage patting him.

Meesh seems cautious but not frightened. And Shane is about the same--except respectful as opposed to cautious. He was lying on the couch with Tucker (who is sick) and when Tank came up, Shane came down. He's a really solid guy so far.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 4/27/2012, 7:38 pm

He's a cutie! I love his markings... :)
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 4/27/2012, 8:21 pm

I WANT HIM!!!!
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 4/30/2012, 1:29 pm

Wow, Juni's spot on the couch wasn't even cold yet, and here comes another. You're hardcore. Brava!
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/30/2012, 1:39 pm

SacramentoPugs wrote:Wow, Juni's spot on the couch wasn't even cold yet, and here comes another. You're hardcore. Brava!
LOL--I'm not that hard core, but I took this guy onto a TV show on Friday morning and he dealt with all the chaos at the station so well and was such a decent guy that I couldn't bear to return him to the boarding facility and told the head of the all breed rescue that I'd foster him as long as he got along with the intact chin, the pugs and the cat.

So far, he's been terrific. He and Meesh were even playing some chase in the yard this morning. I have to get back into that border collie head space again as I had forgotten how intense a border collie playing chase can be. It can look predatory if you aren't used to the breed.

And because he is bigger than my crew, I am ultra careful with a bigger long nose in the group. He's not that big however--only 33 lbs. A bit light, I think, but until I know what the deal is with his hips, I won't be working on putting on any weight.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 5/1/2012, 10:24 am

What an absolute cutie, my Gram had a border collie, best tempered dog I have ever been around...soooo different from my obnoxious boy LOL
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down