Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7)

+19
Milosmom
ayleash
akc0104
ocnside
H the P
PugLady3
PugMomto3
juneau hunter
Aussie Witch
GingerSnap
Brenda
pugmom
Pugsaunt
Maryjo
Saira
Renee
MackandMattiesMom
northernwitch
SacramentoPugs
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) Empty Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7)

Post  SacramentoPugs 6/5/2012, 3:02 pm

Five-month-old Monster was surrendered to the local university veterinary hospital with two broken front legs (the first one sustained during a flying leap from his owner's arms, which was plated and pinned surgically -- and then, while recuperating, he jumped off the couch and broke the OTHER leg because he was protecting the first one). The owners simply couldn't afford a second major orthopedic surgery, so they relinquished him. The university did the second surgery and called our shelter vet, and now we have Monster. Very Happy

He's an absolute doll. Black head, beautiful brindle (I know, I know) body. My coworker, who has a pug of her own, is fostering -- she actually loves puppies, and I typically think they're devil spawn.

So we get to visit with Monster every day for the next 6 weeks or so, while he recovers. Marlee hated him on sight, of course, and kept avoiding him with her tail tucked, then told him off when he got too close. SIGH. So no, there will not be a baby brindle brother in her future.

Here's Monster:

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) Monster

Last edited by SacramentoPugs on 6/7/2012, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) Empty Re: Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7)

Post  northernwitch 6/5/2012, 3:07 pm

Uh oh. This guy is going to be trouble. Broke both legs being a daredevil and clearly didn't connect the dots in the first leg breakage.....

Perhaps he should be renamed Captain Danger.......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) Empty Re: Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7)

Post  MackandMattiesMom 6/5/2012, 3:08 pm

Poor boy. He's so handsome, such a sweet face. I have learned that means he's most likely extra naughty. I hope he has a smooth recovery.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 6/5/2012, 3:09 pm

Oh man! He is adorable!! What a name, lol.

We need more pictures!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/5/2012, 3:26 pm

I love him!!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 6/5/2012, 3:34 pm

Saira wrote:I love him!!
Of course you do. You are a glutton for bad pug punishment........
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 6/5/2012, 3:35 pm

OMG!!! Look at that face! He is one gorgeous pug puppy! Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/5/2012, 3:36 pm

northernwitch wrote:

I really am. We got in an adorable black boy who had a burn on his back. His foster said he can scale two baby gates. I'm sad I'm not fostering him. Very Happy
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 6/5/2012, 4:52 pm

Oh, that face! He is adorable, although I can see the trouble lurking in his eyes.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 6/5/2012, 9:31 pm

Monster definitely is looking like he will be ready for mischief as soon as he is able. That face is just too, too cute. Love him!
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 6/5/2012, 9:39 pm

He is just adorable. I want to see his brindle body. And, I love his name!!
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 6/5/2012, 11:15 pm

Oh my. I could completely see Sammy looking like that as a puppy... brindle and everything! What a cutie!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 6/6/2012, 1:20 am

Monster indeed! The look on his face.......
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 6/6/2012, 9:05 am

northernwitch wrote:

I'm in love too! There is something about a naughty pug! Zorro lives every moment to the fullest and I admire that.
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  PugMomto3 6/6/2012, 9:13 am

I love his face, poor little Monster!!!
PugMomto3
PugMomto3

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 6/6/2012, 10:07 am

Eeeeek! He is SO cute! I want to see his brindle body too. Very Happy
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 6/6/2012, 12:04 pm

Poor little Monster. But that is one very naughty little face ... Laughing

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 6/6/2012, 12:17 pm

What a cuuuuuuuutie!!!
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 6/6/2012, 12:26 pm

awwwww. That's some beautiful badness right there.
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 6/6/2012, 1:34 pm

I can't help thinking (hearing) what it would be like (for me) to be calling him at the park: "Monstaaaaah!"

MONSTAAAAAAHH!

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) 547493
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 6/6/2012, 2:46 pm

How is he doing walking with a cast on each leg? I can't get over his face- scared, but hopeful at the same time.

I am absolutely in love. Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 6/7/2012, 12:58 pm

Maryjo wrote:How is he doing walking with a cast on each leg? I can't get over his face- scared, but hopeful at the same time.

I am absolutely in love. Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) 335895
He actually doesn't have casts -- they placed metal pins in both legs during the surgeries, and I believe one of the legs got a metal plate as well. So no casts, just a little row of stitches on each leg. He can walk, but it has to be very minimal -- he's crated much of the time, and can be set down outside to potty. He's supposed to use the legs very sparingly right now.

He's adorable when he sits -- he does that pug slump thing onto his rear end to take the pressure off his front legs and looks like a little Buddha. Laughing

More photos forthcoming! He's so adorable. Good thing Marlee hates him, LOL!
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/7/2012, 2:04 pm

He is really cute in the pic, I'm sure he is extra sweet in real life.

does he have a waiting list for homes already?

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 6/7/2012, 4:14 pm

Donna wrote:does he have a waiting list for homes already?
A friend of a shelter bigwig is interested in him once he's recovered. I had right of first refusal, though, 'cause his foster mom is my friend, and saying "no" was unbelievably hard -- even though I know it's for the best.

Here are a couple more pics of the little Buddha boy. His front legs and shoulders are shaved.

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) Monster3

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) Monster2
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/7/2012, 4:15 pm

Oh man. He's a heartbreaker.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next