Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think Aggy had a seizure

+3
PugLady3
Renee
LisaIzzyAggy
7 posters

Go down

I think Aggy had a seizure Empty I think Aggy had a seizure

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 12/31/2012, 11:44 am

I think Aggy may have had a seizure. I'm not very familiar with them but when I came home yesterday she started panting very hard and walking in circles then fell over. I picked her up and she was shaking so I talked to her for a couple minutes and when she seemed ok put her down. She seemed fine after and was wagging her tail and doing her "feed me" dance. She's eating fine. I called the vet and my regular vet is out until Wednesday. I've got an appointment for then and the emergency vet said to just keep an eye on her and call if it happens again.

She's been extra stiff and wobbly the last couple days so I'm afraid the time is coming when I'm going to have to make some tough decisions.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

I think Aggy had a seizure Empty Re: I think Aggy had a seizure

Post  Renee 12/31/2012, 1:38 pm

One isolated seizure can mean many things, or nothing.

Unfortunately, without any other symptoms or recurrence of seizures, it seems like all you can do is monitor. My girl pug had her first full on seizure earlier this year. Scared me to death, but since then, she has not had any.

A visit to the vet is a good idea though.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 1/1/2013, 11:05 am

Hopefully, if it was a seizure, it was just a one time thing and nothing serious. We'll be sending positive thoughts for Aggy! hug dog
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 1/1/2013, 1:00 pm

Sending good thoughts and prayers that it was a one time occurance. I had that with Bailey...he had one really bad one when he was about and then never had another.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 1/1/2013, 3:39 pm

I'm hoping to never see another one. I'm leaving work early tomorrow to see the vet just to make sure everything seems ok. She has a bit of trouble walking and her back legs give out on her once in awhile. If I feed her and walk away she won't eat but if I stay with her she eats. She's always happy to see me and wags her tail and doesn't seem to be in any major pain so I'd like to keep her with me for as long as possible. I do want to talk to the vet about making sure she is comfortable.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 1/2/2013, 1:22 am

I know all too well how worried you are about her seizure. I've been there too often. Hoping it's just "one of those things" and there are no more or too far apart to be of serious concern. I think Aggy had a seizure 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 1/2/2013, 4:46 pm

Sending good thoughts and a prayer for Aggy. Please keep us posted.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 1/3/2013, 10:47 am

Just checking in to see how Aggy is doing and how her dogtor visit went? I hope that all is well!
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 1/3/2013, 7:00 pm

I ended up postponing the vet visit until Saturday, partly because I'm sick, partly because Aggy is back to her old self. Thanks for thinking of us. I'll let you know what the vet has to say.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Back to top Go down

Post  CSollers 1/4/2013, 10:05 pm

It's good ti see there have been no repeats. I sure hope she's okay.
CSollers
CSollers

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down