Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heartworm and or flea medicine

3 posters

Go down

Heartworm and or flea medicine Empty Heartworm and or flea medicine

Post  Miss Pugg 6/15/2013, 9:11 pm

I hope someone can help.  When I broke my hip in April, my ever helpful daughter came into our house and organized my kitchen.  All my heartworm and flea 'stuff' was mixed up and I just found two doses of Revolution prescribed for Jasmine (dead just a year ago).  We took her to a different vet and don't go back so I can't ask him for advice and my regular vet is miffed because I took Jasmine elsewhere so I can't ask her.   My question is:  Does Revolution work to prevent both fleas and HW?  I also have Frontline here along with Heartguard  as well as two doses of Sentinal.  Does anyone know if Sentinal is being sold yet?  When I asked about it this winter, my vet said it would be several months before she'd have it again.  I think the jolt of breaking the hip has rendered my brain into mush.  When I got home from the nursing home, I gave them both Heartguard Plus, then a week later each a dose of Frontline.  Now it's time for HW prevention and I don't know whether to use Revolution, Sentinal, Heartguard and Frontline.  I was saving the Sentinal until the Frontline was gone as I understand it will take care of both fleas and HW.  Thanks for reading this book.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Heartworm and or flea medicine Empty Re: Heartworm and or flea medicine

Post  Puggered 6/16/2013, 3:22 am

I am a bit confused...have you lost the packets with the info on what is treated with that product?

Bottom line...try to use up your oldest stuff first so that you don't run past the use-by date..Revolution treats both heartworm and fleas.

If your Heartguard or Frontline is oldest, use them a week apart as you did last month.

Not all varieties of Sentinel treat both HW and fleas so check the packet. Sentinel Spectrum does both plus intestinal worms.

I hope this helps. :)
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Heartworm and or flea medicine Empty flea medicine

Post  Miss Pugg 6/16/2013, 10:23 am

Thanks!  I have no info for the Revolution, the vet packaged it in a plastic bag with only Jasmine's name on it, the product name and the date.  It would be a year old.  I think it would be good now as far as the use by date.  The other stuff is also a year old.  I appreciate your help.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Back to top Go down

Heartworm and or flea medicine Empty Great Dane Lady

Post  bigdogtexas 6/22/2013, 5:43 pm

I would like to highly recommend that you take a look at the new womer by the Great Dane Lady! I've been testing it with my patients, and I can tell you I am impressed!  Works better than anything I have ever seen! Check out her website, just Google Great Dane Lady + giardia

Giulio Ferrari
Clinical Nutritionist
Ps: If you can't find the product with ease, contact The Paw Depot
bigdogtexas
bigdogtexas

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Heartworm and or flea medicine Empty Frontline, Heartguard

Post  Miss Pugg 6/22/2013, 8:41 pm

My dog needs nothing for worms as she's been tested and she is Giardia free unlike my Boston No. 1 who got giardia while being boarded at a vet's in San Antonio.  My then vet had no clue and a foot doctor, who bred and showed Shelties, figured it out for me!
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Back to top Go down

Heartworm and or flea medicine Empty Re: Heartworm and or flea medicine

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down