Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any suggestions for a litter box grazer?

+2
LisaIzzyAggy
Pugsaunt
6 posters

Go down

Any suggestions for a litter box grazer? Empty Any suggestions for a litter box grazer?

Post  Pugsaunt 1/28/2014, 6:28 pm

Something about Bugg the Cat's litter box has Lucy addicted to, ahem, Tootsie Rolls (or, as I have heard them called, Almond Rocas).  It is getting to be a problem, as the only way to keep her out of it is for Kellie to put the baby gate up every time she leaves her room, which is a major pain in the butt.  And she (Lucy, not Kellie) gets an upset tummy every time she gets into the litter box.  To say nothing of what it does to her breath (gag).  Anybody have any ideas?  Spraying bitter apple into the living room trash can keeps Lucy out of it, but I don't think that would work for a litter box, as we don't want to keep Bugg out of the box!  So any and all suggestions are welcome.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions for a litter box grazer? Empty Re: Any suggestions for a litter box grazer?

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 1/29/2014, 8:23 am

Any way to elevate it out of reach like on a table or something? That's the only idea I can think of. Of maybe get one of the semi-permanent gates that close behind you when you leave the room. Good luck!
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions for a litter box grazer? Empty Re: Any suggestions for a litter box grazer?

Post  Saira 1/29/2014, 12:02 pm

I'm not sure there is any real way to teach a dog to leave the kitty litter, other than making it inaccessible.  I was going to suggest what Lisa did, install a nice looking one that has a walk through so Kellie can get in and out easier.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy 1/29/2014, 12:08 pm

Is there another room that the litter box can go into?  We have our litter box in my laundry room that has door with a cat door cut into it.  The cats are small enough to go through it, but Edgar is not.  Although, Edgar is not my Tootsie Roll eater, Winston was and hence the cat door.
Cathy
Cathy

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 1/30/2014, 7:49 pm

Unfortunately, there isn't another place for the litter box.  I like the idea of the gate with a door, though, and will look for one.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 1/31/2014, 2:49 pm

Hmm.. adding Adolph's meat tenderizer to anything is supposed to make it unattractive to doggies...
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  rachi 2/3/2014, 10:55 pm

What about a cat box that is a top entry box?  Just a regular cat box with a top-the top has a hole on one end.  The cat jumps up on the box (1.5 feet) and then goes down into the box.  That is what we got for our new (to us) cat.  I found it at PetSmart and the cat had no trouble getting used to it.  The top pops off for easy cleaning, and I think it helps keep the litter contained.  The top has a grate pattern to it, so any litter on her feet generally falls back down into the pan.  So far so good, the dogs are interested in the box, but have no way to get in.  Of course, my pugs are old, but I think the entry hole is too small for a pug.
rachi
rachi

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down