Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doggy Pheromones

+3
Dayna
Not Afraid
Newsie96
7 posters

Go down

Doggy Pheromones Empty Doggy Pheromones

Post  Newsie96 5/21/2009, 2:43 pm

Manny is slated to have a consult with a behavioral vet at Tufts so that we can get to the bottom of his aggression. In the meantime, he's not allowed on any furniture without being asked and he can't sleep in the bed.

The vet also gave my mom a pheromone collar to keep him calm until she can get an appt. with the vet.

Has any one ever heard of or used this before? So far Manny is cool as a cucumber. He didn't even bark at the school buses when they came by.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Doggy Pheromones Empty Re: Doggy Pheromones

Post  Not Afraid 5/21/2009, 2:46 pm

I have used pheromone spray for my cats with great results. I didn't know the same was available for dogs. Good to know!
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Dayna 5/21/2009, 3:06 pm

Glad to hear they appear to be helping.
Dayna
Dayna

Number of posts : 1600

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 5/21/2009, 3:07 pm

Not Afraid wrote:I have used pheromone spray for my cats with great results. I didn't know the same was available for dogs. Good to know!

Me too! We used it when we had to move for one of the kitties. It worked well.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 5/21/2009, 3:13 pm

I've never tried it but I'll be really curious to hear more. I wonder if it would help us with the issues between the girls?
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 5/21/2009, 3:38 pm

Amanda wrote:I've never tried it but I'll be really curious to hear more. I wonder if it would help us with the issues between the girls?

So far Manny is being very laid back. It may work. Which one instigates more, Nell? You may want to out the collar on her. If Lucy is near her, she'll get the effects, too.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 5/21/2009, 5:12 pm

I'd like to hear more, too--if it helps with barking at outside things, I may have to try it! Where did you get it, and what brand?
Thanks!

ETA--I re-read and realized it came from the vet; but knowing the brand could help. Thanks!

Last edited by Eph91 on 5/21/2009, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 5/21/2009, 9:10 pm

Eph91 wrote:I'd like to hear more, too--if it helps with barking at outside things, I may have to try it! Where did you get it, and what brand?
Thanks!

Me too...I have been trying everything with Indy and his barking.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 5/26/2009, 11:25 pm

I just ordered the DAP plug-in. I read some really positive reviews so figured it couldn't hurt. I plan to plug it in the living room, which is where we spend the most time. I'll let you know if it helps. I also wonder if it'll help at all with Lucy's spinning.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 5/27/2009, 8:46 am

I wonder if something like this would be beneficial to Toby. He doesn't have agrression towards FJ (unless it's instigatd by FJ), but he's very aggressive toward strangers (repairmen, etc) that come into the house. He freaks out when the doorbells. I may look into this.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 5/27/2009, 9:09 am

MommaJones wrote:I wonder if something like this would be beneficial to Toby. He doesn't have agrression towards FJ (unless it's instigatd by FJ), but he's very aggressive toward strangers (repairmen, etc) that come into the house. He freaks out when the doorbells. I may look into this.

It might. Take a look at all the reviews on Amazon. It gives you a good idea of the kinds of problems it helps.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 5/27/2009, 9:17 am

The vet told us it was natural and it wouldn't hurt Manny. I'm thinking of getting it for Duke. He has some spearation anxiety issues.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 5/27/2009, 9:18 am

Newsie96 wrote:The vet told us it was natural and it wouldn't hurt Manny. I'm thinking of getting it for Duke. He has some spearation anxiety issues.

The reviews I read seemed to all be very positive for separation anxiety issues.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down