Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Postage for Pugs!

4 posters

Go down

Postage for Pugs! Empty Postage for Pugs!

Post  H the P 5/27/2009, 6:44 am

I hope this may be the appropriate place to post a reminder about collecting used postage stamps for UK Pug Welfare. pug
PW is our official breed rescue organisation here in the UK. It is a registered charity. I am one of a number of volunteer drivers/re-homers. If anyone is collecting, or would like to collect, used postage stamps for Pug Welfare, we are still very keen to receive stamps from the USA and abroad. All stamps are sorted by our volunteers and then sold to a stamp dealer, to raise funds, and quite a lot of money is regularly raised in this way.
PM me for an address to send stamps to, and I will of course acknowledge all packages received. Thank you in advance, and if you've already read all this elsewhere, then I must apologise.

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Postage for Pugs! Empty Re: Postage for Pugs!

Post  Amanda 5/27/2009, 9:14 am

Thanks for the reminder! For those unfamiliar, can you give a little more detail? Are all kinds of stamps accepted? Do you just need them neatly cut from the envelope or submitted in some different format?
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 5/27/2009, 9:47 am

Oh! I'm so glad you've posted this. I have a small stash of stamps that I've held onto for quite some time for you. I'll PM you for the addy so I can actually get those out.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 5/27/2009, 10:31 am

Thank you, Amanda and Allie.
All kinds of stamps are welcome. I believe that special or commemorative issues are particularly sought after. If you can just cut the stamps from the envelope, leaving a small amount around the edge, that's fine. The stamps are then passed on to Sue the stamp lady, for sorting, several times a year; she then takes them to a friendly stamp dealer for valuation. I talk to her quite often (she is Hattie's breeder!) and she told me that the last batch of stamps (several carrier bags full) raised a surprisingly decent amount of money. It seems that people over here are still keen collectors! Very Happy

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 5/31/2009, 3:00 am

I have a little stash I have been building for you, I'll be sure to get your address when the envelope gets more full!

I tell you I get great satisfaction from keeping an envelope going and adding to it for the pugs.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down