Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Pug Welfare - collecting postage stamps again!

+8
Lindsey
Miss Pit
Puggered
Maryjo
Pugnse
TxAllieGrl
Aussie Witch
H the P
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UK Pug Welfare - collecting postage stamps again! Empty UK Pug Welfare - collecting postage stamps again!

Post  H the P 12/4/2010, 12:49 pm

Someone has been kind enough to remind me that I should post on behalf of UK Pug Welfare, asking if those of you who are doing the Christmas Card exchange this year - and anyone else who is interested, of course - could perhaps be kind enough to save the postage stamps from the cards you receive, and send them on to me? PM me for my address if you don't have it. Once into the New Year, I can start collecting again.
I'm delighted to say that Sue the stamp lady has been persuaded to continue collecting and selling on these stamps to a friendly stamp dealer. Very Happy She gave it up for a time earlier this year, and I sent on lots of stamps to a specific rescue for elderly dogs who were extremely grateful to the pug fraternity. However, we have now managed to persuade Sue to carry on!
Any foreign (non-UK) stamps are very welcome. Just cut them off the envelopes, leaving a little margin all around. All funds raised by the sale of stamps go direct to Pug Welfare, for the benefit of pugs in need. We've had a large number of pugs passing through rescue this year, some of which have been in my part of the country and who incurred considerable vet bills due to their neglected condition.
Thanks to you all in advance from Pug Welfare.

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

UK Pug Welfare - collecting postage stamps again! Empty Re: UK Pug Welfare - collecting postage stamps again!

Post  Aussie Witch 12/4/2010, 1:16 pm

Already started Janet! Very Happy
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

UK Pug Welfare - collecting postage stamps again! Empty Re: UK Pug Welfare - collecting postage stamps again!

Post  TxAllieGrl 12/4/2010, 6:07 pm

Funny enough, I had saved all my envelopes from last year, and just cut off the stamps. Hoping I'd be able to get them to you for a good cause!

Will include this years, and send them on in January.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 12/5/2010, 11:53 am

Oh that's great! I was looking at all these beautiful stamps this year and feeling they were going to waste...no more!!

Just a question, are there any stamps you don't want? Like I would presume the US Forever stamps are way too common...am I right?
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 12/5/2010, 1:24 pm

Any stamps (except UK stamps which sadly are not worth selling here in the UK) will be more than welcome. Thank you all for your support.

H the P

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugnse 12/14/2010, 6:30 pm

I have been saving for several months! Please PM me the address were I should send them... pug2
Pugnse
Pugnse

Number of posts : 585

http://www.photothree65.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/14/2010, 7:00 pm

I was hoping you'd post about the stamp collecting. I'm saving all the stamps from Christmas cards (and other envelopes) this year to send to you.

hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 12/15/2010, 4:12 am

I am saving too, hopefully you will like all the Australian ones as well as quite a few US and Canadian (note to self - ditch the UK one.)

PM me the address I and i will forward them in January.
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 12/15/2010, 8:05 am

Angela and Susie, I have PMd you today. Many thanks.

H the P

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 12/15/2010, 11:03 pm

We're collecting here as well. My Grandma(loves doing things like this)Aunt,friends and rescue peeps are all saving stamps for the pugs.

Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 1/2/2011, 9:21 pm

When would you like the stamps?
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 1/3/2011, 1:26 am

I am hanging off sending mine until very late this month, or maybe even early February, to make sure i get all the stamps.

I noticed that theChristmas Eve delivery had US cards postmarked the first week of December and cards are still arriving from the US.
Canadian, British and local ones arrived much more promptly.
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 1/3/2011, 6:25 am

Any time is fine for the stamps. I probably won't be passing them on to Sue the stamp lady for a month or two. Thanks again to everyone for helping us.

H the P

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 1/26/2011, 10:03 am

Hurrah! Thank you so much, Lindsey, for the stamps which arrived here today.
Please keep them coming, all you stamp-savers!
Pug Welfare has been quite busy lately - just like all the other rescues we read about here - so nothing unusual there, then. sigh

H the P

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 1/26/2011, 10:52 am

H the P wrote:Hurrah! Thank you so much, Lindsey, for the stamps which arrived here today.
Please keep them coming, all you stamp-savers!
Pug Welfare has been quite busy lately - just like all the other rescues we read about here - so nothing unusual there, then. sigh

I'm glad you got them! I wanted to send this batch off, before I lost them all! ashamed
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  Dayna 1/29/2011, 12:15 am

I've been saving mine and will send them when I've got a good batch. I'm so very glad that you have someone starting this back up again. I had a lot of fun trying to find different and unique ones to send. I had my mother in law and coworkers saving them too.
Dayna
Dayna

Number of posts : 1600

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 1/31/2011, 7:19 am

Thank you, Dayna.
And many thanks to you, Rona, for your batch of stamps which has just arrived in this morning's post! The collection is growing ... hurrah! Very Happy

H the P

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 1/31/2011, 7:28 am

Great Janet! I hope you saved the stamp off the envelope as well, it was really beautiful! Happy to help out. Very Happy
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 1/31/2011, 7:44 am

Yes, I did! Very Happy

H the P

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 9/27/2011, 12:51 pm

Thank you, Dayna, for the package of stamps which arrived here safely this morning. All of us at Pug Welfare (a UK registered charity, of which I have recently become a Trustee) are very grateful to you. We've had quite a lot of pugs passing through PW lately, mostly with health problems, and fundraising is always a huge issue - as we all know it is for all rescues. sigh
Please could I just ask everyone who is taking part in the Card Exchange this year to save their stamps, as in previous years, and then send them on to me in the New Year? I then pass them on to Sue the stamp lady during the summer, who takes them to a stamp dealer. Quite a lot of money for PW is raised in this way.
PM me for my address if it helps - but you'll find me in the Card Exchange list which I know MJ will be circulating in due course!
Grateful thanks in advance on behalf of all PW pugs.

H the P

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 9/27/2011, 3:41 pm

I've been saving all year so as soon as the card exchange is over, you'll be getting a bag full!Very Happy
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  puglover22 9/28/2011, 9:47 am

I've been saving them for years and I always send them to the Pug Nest, c/o Almandine. In fact I have a big pack ready to take to the post office and am working on the next pack! My mom and friends save them too and we're all happy to put them to a good cause.....pugs!
puglover22
puglover22

Number of posts : 608

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 10/3/2011, 8:46 am

Thanks, everyone! hug dog

H the P

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 10/21/2011, 7:01 am

Thanks to Susie for the lovely stamps which arrived today ... the collection is growing! I'm re-homing a pair of fawn pugs on Monday (together) ... we're busy right now ... sigh

H the P

Back to top Go down

Post  Dayna 10/21/2011, 2:54 pm

Did you get the ones I sent last month??
Dayna
Dayna

Number of posts : 1600

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next