Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White growth on lower lip

+5
northernwitch
GingerSnap
Renee
TxAllieGrl
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
9 posters

Go down

White growth on lower lip Empty White growth on lower lip

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 10/25/2010, 9:15 am

Mac has a white growth on his lower lip-towards the front under the flap of his top lip. It doesn't look like a wart that I've ever seen, and I know it's been there for at least a week. I got a picture of it, but it just reflected the light of the flash and you can't truly see what it looks like. It's slightly raised and a little bit smaller than a pencil eraser.
Any ideas, and is this a wait and see if it'll go away, or go in and get it checked out?
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

White growth on lower lip Empty Re: White growth on lower lip

Post  TxAllieGrl 10/25/2010, 10:46 am

it's really hard to say without seeing it - and sounds like it's in a rough place to photograph.

it could be a cyst of some sort, a pimple, etc. or something more ominous... ugh! might be good if you can swing him into the vet. I'm absolutely no help! sorry!! here's hoping it's nothing.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 10/25/2010, 10:50 am

It's ok, Allie. I did end up making him an appt. for tonight. Hopefully it's just a papiloma or something that will go away on its own. We won't even discuss the worst case scenario running through my head... ashamed
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 10/25/2010, 12:36 pm

Awe, Mac- why you scaring your momma??

I hope it's just a little pimple or something. I hate when bumps pop up....they worry the heck out of me too!

Let us know how the vet appt goes.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 10/25/2010, 1:37 pm

Jackson had something similar twice. The first time, it was very apparent (once the vet pointed it out to me!) that it was just from a tooth rubbing and was absolutely nothing to be worried about. The second time, it looked more suspicious and was getting red, so we had it removed. It still turned out be absolutely nothing, but at least I knew that. I'm glad you're having it looked at.
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 10/25/2010, 1:54 pm

Glad you made an appt. Could be something as benign as a viral papilloma--Tank got them twice from puppies in foster care since his immune system isn't 100%. But you always worry about the scarier options.

Let us know what the vet says.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 10/25/2010, 1:56 pm

Bruno had something that sounds like that. It didnt look like any wart I'd seen either. We took him to the vet and it turned out to be just a really big viral pappiloma. Good luck at the vet!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 10/25/2010, 3:13 pm

I hope it turns out to be nothing. Let us know what the vet says.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/25/2010, 4:48 pm

Vivian had something similar, luckily it was just a pimple and it went away. Hopefully yours will be the same.

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 10/25/2010, 5:38 pm

Marlee has something similar to Jackson -- she has these callus thingies where her upper canine teeth rub her lower lip. One is much larger than the other. They're not apparent unless she's panting. I freaked the first time I noticed it and took her to the vet.

Here's hoping that your situation resolves itself just as easily!
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 10/25/2010, 7:53 pm

Becky, I didn't see this until now but I saw your post on FB. I'm so glad that everything is ok and you can stop worrying - which is always the worst part!!
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 10/26/2010, 9:04 am

Thanks everyone! The vet believes it is just a callous from his upper teeth rubbing. She said it's nothing to worry about, unless it starts getting infected, then we can consider a "lip tuck" Shocked .
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 10/26/2010, 12:37 pm

Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:Thanks everyone! The vet believes it is just a callous from his upper teeth rubbing. She said it's nothing to worry about, unless it starts getting infected, then we can consider a "lip tuck" Shocked .

I'm thinking my Skeeter has the same thing. I only see it every now and then. He doesn't like me to mess with his mouth though,....so it's tough to try and get a good look at it.

I'm glad its nothing to worry about. He's much too young to need a lip tuck yet! lol
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down